With half a dozen historic and beautifully preserved covered bridges, Cottage Grove is known as the Covered Bridge Capital of the West…
Plan your trip to Eugene, Cascades & Coast.
Discover the All-America City (1968, 2004) of Cottage Grove, Oregon, a charming, small town just twenty minutes south of Eugene - Springfield. Cottage Grove is a romantic getaway with a robust nightlife featuring theatre arts, live music and brew pubs. Edging both Oregon Wine Country and the Cascade foothills, Cottage Grove is also a prime gateway to outdoor adventuring.
- Drive, cycle or walk through six historic covered bridges in and around town.
- Seek out the sites from movie scenes from Buster Keaton's "The General" to present day favorites like "Animal House" and "Stand By Me."
- Take a walking tour of Cottage Grove's over 20 outdoor murals immortalizing small town history.
- Pedal around this bicycle-friendly community on miles of scenic paved paths through covered bridges, leafy corridors and around lakes.
- Sip wine in the charming red barn at Saginaw Vineyards or at another nearby winery.
- Hike behind a waterfall or to the top of Bohemia Mountain.
- Pick up a copy of "The Story of Opal: The Journal of an Understanding Heart" at one of several bookstores along Main Street. Delve into the mystifying life story of Opal Whitely, one of Cottage Grove's most fascinating residents.
- Geocache along the Territorial Highway, where some of the best treasures are simply the glorious places where the caches are stashed.
- Shop one-of-a kind specialty stores like the Territorial Seed Company, which serves a national following of conscientious gardeners.
A Restive Retreat
Encircled by agricultural lands, vineyards and wooded hills, Cottage Grove attracts outdoor enthusiasts for weekends of hiking, bicycling, horseback riding and camping. In the summer, its lakes and waterways host swimming, fishing and boating. Stay in the town's hotels, B&Bs or seasonal campgrounds.
Like the surrounding region, Cottage Grove is also an excellent spot for wildlife watching and birding. Drive north along the agriculturally picturesque Highway 99 to explore the neighboring town of Creswell for an afternoon of wine tasting and golf.