Plan your trip to Eugene, Cascades & Coast.
When cyclists roll into the Eugene, Cascades & Coast region they connect with pedal power! From the sparkling Pacific coastline, through the gentle Willamette Valley, and into the thrilling Cascade Mountains, Oregon's climate and topography is aptly suited for cycling.
Home to three of Oregon's official scenic bikeways and Oakridge's renowned mountain biking trails, this region is a delight to see from a bicycle seat.
Residents and visitors alike cruise through the towns and open countryside on all manner of non-motorized contraptions. After all, Eugene - Springfield has given rise to amazing bicycle innovation and engineering from Burley bike-trailers to Bike Friday folding travel bicycles. A glimpse into local ingenuity is on display at the Center for Appropriate Transport.
Local Bicycling Highlights
- An extensive network of bike paths and scenic bikeways
- Numerous cycling & biking events
- Plenty of bike-friendly lodging from campgrounds to hotels
Bring Your Bike
- Take the Amtrak Cascades train with easy bike transport
- Ship your bike via FedEx or UPS
- Check with individual airlines and the Eugene Airport about bike resources
- Strap it on your RV or car
Getting Around by Bike
In Oregon, bicycles are subject to laws just like motorized vehicles. Please ride with the direction of traffic, use appropriate signals and obey traffic lights. Remember that bicycle riders under 16 are required to wear a helmet.
More Cycling Resources
- Check road and weather advisories at TripCheck.com
- For more rides, roads and mountain bike trails around the state, visit RideOregonRide.com.
- The Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) provides bicylist's manuals, laws and regulations.
- The City of Eugene Cycling Program offers additional resources and free maps.
- The Center for Appropriate Transport includes a "rideable museum."
- Bike Friday, a Eugene manufacturer of travel bicycles offers a factory showroom.
- Go to the Greater Eugene Area Riders (GEARs) website for cue sheets and regularly scheduled rides.