1. How can I become a member?
Fill out an online membership application
or request an application from our membership department at 541.743.8763 or membershipsales@TravelLaneCounty.org
. We will assist you in selecting the best marketing package for your business and answer any of your questions.
2. How much does membership cost? Basic annual membership
starts at $250 with an initial administrative fee of $15. Upgraded memberships, add-on marketing packages and categories, and special advertising opportunities are available at additional cost. This is less than $1 per day for a variety of ways that your business will receive exposure to visitors and locals.
3. What does a basic membership include?
A basic membership includes:
- Your choice of either a Tourism, Convention or Business marketing package. Marketing packages may be added for $50 each.
- One category listing for inclusion in our online directory.
- Invitations to member events for networking and showcasing your business. Hosting opportunities are also available.
- "Market Your Business" new member orientation, held at the Eugene, Cascades & Coast Adventure Center in Springfield.
- The opportunity to present your business or service to our staff so we have an in-depth understanding of your company. This is called a "Member Spotlight," and we use this information to identify appropriate media contacts and resources during promotional campaigns.
4. How does membership benefit me?
Members benefit from the breadth, depth and longevity of our tourism, convention and sports marketing. Travel Lane County is recognized as the region's destination marketing organization.
Residents, visitors, travel trade, convention and sports planners and media turn to us for lodging, dining and activity recommendations; industry data and research; and connections. We talk to your potential customers on a daily basis, both at home, nationally and internationally, and we invite you to join in the conversation!
We use a multiplicity of tools including visitor centers, publications, presentations and networking forums, websites, mobile sites, social media, press campaigns and advertising to generate tourism attention, gather and convert leads, book tours and conventions, provide visitor services and support the communities' interests.
Collective media purchasing power makes it possible for our members to advertise in premium mediums at lower price points and through our local, state, and national network of members and associations, we can expand your sphere of influence. As a member, our resources become your resources!
5. How can I advertise in your official publications?
6. How do you distribute your publications?
The visitor guides are distributed at the Eugene and Portland Airports. Our guides and maps are also available at Oregon Welcome Centers, AAA offices, hotels, visitor centers, chamber of commerces and local businesses. Additionally we provide them to convention attendees, travel and meeting planners, media and our members. The visitor guide is our official and primary fulfilment piece. Annual distribution is 120,000 for visitor guides, 25,000 for restaurant guides and 185,000 for visitor maps.
7. How can I display brochures at your visitor centers?
- Downtown Eugene Visitor Center - We stock brochures for members only at our Downtown Eugene Visitor Center on a complimentary space available basis. You may stock up to 200 brochures at one time, either delivered to 754 Olive Street, Eugene or mailed to PO Box 10286, Eugene OR 97440.
- Eugene, Cascades & Coast Adventure Center in Springfield - Display brochure space is $250 June - May. Members enjoy a rate of only $100 annually for this prime display space. Brochure fees support the Adventure Center daily operations. Also ask about our on-site digital high-definition video advertising!
8. How can I get my business on your website?
As a member your business is automatically uploaded to our online member directory. You can manage your contact information and description through your member Extranet account. One membership category is included with a basic membership and additional category listings may be purchased for an additional $50 each.
Have an ongoing special or limited promotion? We list members' deals and discounts on our Deals web pages for free. Contact Meg@TravelLaneCounty.org or call 541.743.8759 to post your special.
Complimentary event calendar listings on our website are also available for members and nonmembers. Go to Submit An Event to upload your event to the master online calendar.
9. Are you part of the Chamber of Commerce?
While we are not affiliated with a chamber of commerce, we have mutually supportive relationships with multiple chamber of commerce groups from the Cascades to the coast. We function as a convention and visitors bureau under Travel Lane County DBA "Eugene, Cascades & Coast." Many of our members find that joining both their local chamber of commerce and Travel Lane County provides them with diverse marketing and networking opportunities.
10. Where do you get your funding?
Eugene, Cascades & Coast / Travel Lane County is a private, non-profit, 501 (c) 6 corporation, governed by a thirty-member board of directors. Funding comes from hotel room tax, member dues and advertising.