Travel Lane County has a wide range of marketing opportunities that go beyond your basic membership. These provide you with additional exposure. Some are at no cost and others at affordable rates. The links on the page will take you to more details about the opportunity or examples.
On-going Exposure Opportunities
There are a variety of opportunities that can provide additional exposure for your business either at no cost or for in-kind donation or discounted rates.
- Calendar of Events - The first step in getting on the online calendar is to enter your event information into the submit event form. From this database of events, we send a calendar to about 600 Travel Lane County members twice a week. Several area hotels also make it available to visitors. In addition, calendars for media, non-Travel Lane County publications and conventions are also produced. The annual calendar listed in the visitor guide is tied specifically to members with the Festival & Events category.
- Consumer E-newsletter - Travel Lane County sends out an E-newsletter to about 10,000 subscribers at least quarterly that promotes special offers and events. You can participate for no cost by just providing us with your special offers.
- Special Offers Page - One of the top visited pages on the Travel Lane County website is the Special Offers page. All you need to do to participate is provide us with your special offers. Even better if they have an overnight stay component.
- Research Tours - There are opportunities for your business to generate editorial exposure and travel trade business by hosting media representatives researching stories as well as travel trade leaders investigating tour programs. You may participate by providing complimentary goods and services.
- Rest Area Display Panels - Two I-5 rest area display panels are available to promote special events. Travel Lane County has contracted with the Oregon Travel Information Council to offer this space to members as a place to promote short term events, exhibits or conventions.
Travel Lane County Networking & Sponsorships
- Market Your Business - A Member Orientation - An introduction to Travel Lane County benefits and program areas that provide you with information to better leverage our marketing efforts. This is ideal for new members or new management staff that wants to learn more and network with other members. Meeting facilities can request to host this meeting.
- Member Spotlight - You have the opportunity to talk to Travel Lane County staff about your business, products and/or services so we are more informed and can promote you better. Held six times per year.
- Host a Member Event - You can host your own Travel Lane County member event whether it is to showcase your business or just to create a fun event. It is a great opportunity for additional exposure to other Travel Lane County members.
- Convention Marketing Meetings - Members with the convention marketing package are invited to attend this monthly meeting. While the primary focus is reviewing current convention leads, it is an opportunity to meet the sales professionals from area hotels. Meeting facilities also have the opportunity to host these meetings.
- Visitor Industry Celebration - This is Travel Lane County's annual awards dinner that draws about 180 attendees annually. In addition to dinner, it is a time to recognize key individuals and businesses for their contribution to the visitor industry. There are opportunities for a variety of sponsorships and networking.
Lead List Service
- Convention Contacts - A convention calendar with basic information is provided to all members quarterly. If you are interested in marketing directly to those planners, you may also request contact information. First you need to have the convention marketing package, then you need to sign up to receive the contacts quarterly.
- Member Contacts - If you are interested in marketing your open house or special offer to other Travel Lane County members, you can purchase the Travel Lane County mailing list for $.10 per name (about $60).
- Relocation Contacts - Travel Lane County receives about 30 inquiries per month for relocation information that agree to have their names released to our members. If you are interested in marketing your services directly to these individuals, you can purchase the names monthly for $.10 per name.
- Visitor Contacts - Travel Lane County has an extensive database of contacts that have agreed to have their names released to our members. Whether you want to receive those contacts monthly or want to create a special campaign to a geographic region, you can purchase those contacts for $.10 per name.
- Consumer - Travel Lane County participates annually in a two-day show in which Sunset Magazine invites subscribers to a celebration at their headquarters in Menlo Park, California. With an estimated 24,000 attendees, you have the opportunity to have your brochures displayed at the show, receive leads from the show and be included on booth and web signage for a cost $150. Other opportunities include providing an item for the prize giveaway.
- Convention & Sports - Travel Lane County's sales team participates in a variety of trade shows annually. You can participate by having your brochure displayed or in some cases attend the show as well.
- Domestic & International - Travel Lane County's tourism team attends both domestic and international trade shows and sales missions to reach Europe and Asia. The team actively promotes those businesses that have shown an interest in working with the international and group market.