Extend Your Marketing Reach
There are a variety of opportunities that can provide additional exposure for your business either at no cost or for in-kind donation or discounted rates.
Please note: The Visitor Guide's annual event calendar is based on the Festival & Events member category exclusively, and not the online calendar of events.
- Calendar of Events - The calendar of events is the top landing page on our website generating over 10,000 unique page views each month. You want your event listed! Event listings are used to populate 30 niche pages throughout our online domain and sometimes Travel Oregon's web calendar. Each week selected current events are promoted on-air with KUGN, featured on our homepage and culled into an event e-newsletter sent to over 500 Travel Lane County members. The calendar of events is also routinely distributed to media, convention delegates and hotel and tourism front-lines. Events must conform to style guidelines and event criteria.
| || |
- Deals & Discounts - One of the most heavily promoted pages on Travel Lane County's website is deals. A majority of our online and print advertising campaigns direct visitors to our members' special deals, promotion and packages. Deals are also touted in our quarterly consumer e-newsletter to 10,000 subscribers. We can help you craft a special deal or you can just upload deals you are already promoting.
- Photography - Contribute images to Travel Lane County's photo library. Good quality photos are crucial in promoting our destination. Shared photos are used with photo credits and can be subjected to a range of usage restrictions (limited use to rights-free). Photos showcasing your product, venue or activity are needed for our website, social media and print publications. We are also a photo resource for the media.
- Donations - Participate in a variety of ongoing sweepstakes, Facebook contests, awards, prizes, silent auctions, raffles, gift baskets, welcome bags and booth giveaways. Each scenario offers different levels of exposure and has unique requirements. Read the monthly Member Update for opportunities to donate in-kind products and services.
- Media & FAM Tours - Host media representatives and travel trade leaders researching stories and travel packages.
- Guest Blog Posts - Tell a tourism, meetings or sports story on one of our blogs. All blogs are subject to Travel Lane County's style-guide, tone and content criteria.
Connect Travel Lane County Staff & Members
- Market Your Business - A Member Orientation - Learn about member benefits and program assets to better leverage our current advertising campaigns and ongoing marketing efforts. This is ideal overview for new members, new management staff and long-time members needing a refresher.
| || |
- Member Spotlight - Introduce yourself and product or service to Travel Lane County staff. Six times per year, four members get a 15-minute spotlight to present their business, products and/or services. This helps us help you!
- Convention Marketing Meetings - Members with the convention marketing package are invited to attend this monthly meeting. While the primary focus is reviewing current convention leads, it is an opportunity to meet the sales professionals from area hotels. Meeting facilities also have the opportunity to host these meetings.
- Travel Lane County's Facebook Group - Make online contacts with industry peers for networking, partnerships and information.
- Visitor Industry Celebration - This is Travel Lane County's annual industry awards dinner with sponsorship and networking opportunities.
Lead List Service
- Convention Contacts - A convention calendar with basic information is provided to all members quarterly. If you are interested in marketing directly to those planners, you may also request contact information. First you need to have the convention marketing package, then you need to sign up to receive the contacts quarterly.
- Member Directory - Market your own open house or special offer directly to other Travel Lane County members. Download the member roster from the extranet.
- Visitor Contacts - Travel Lane County has an extensive database of contacts that have agreed to have their names released to our members. Whether you want to receive those contacts monthly or want to create a special campaign to a geographic region, you can purchase those contacts for $.10 per name.
- Consumer - Travel Lane County participates annually in a two-day show in which Sunset Magazine invites subscribers to a celebration at their headquarters in Menlo Park, California. With an estimated 24,000 attendees, you have the opportunity to have your brochures displayed at the show, receive leads from the show and be included on booth and web signage for a cost $150. Other opportunities include providing an item for the prize giveaway.
- Convention & Sports - Travel Lane County's sales team participates in a variety of trade shows annually. You can participate by having your brochure displayed or in some cases attend the show as well.
- Domestic & International - Travel Lane County's tourism team attends both domestic and international trade shows and sales missions to reach Europe and Asia. The team actively promotes those businesses that have shown an interest in working with the international and group market.