Plan your trip to Eugene, Cascades & Coast.
Veneta - Fern Ridge
At the crossroads of Willamette Valley's beloved Territorial Highway and Highway 126 to the Oregon Coast, is the country town of Veneta. A natural stopping place on any excursion, Veneta offers several restaurants, stores and an even an electric vehicle charging station.
But a quick pit stop doesn't reveal Veneta's real beauty - that requires settling in and lingering at a wildlife watching wayside, on the water off Perkins Peninsula or at a boutique winery with Oregon's best Pinot swirling in your glass. Watch the mist rise from the marshes, a Great Blue Heron take flight or the sunset tint sailboats red, orange and purple as they scurry across the rippling reservoir.
- Launch a boat onto Fern Ridge Reservoir, South Willamette Valley's largest lake
- Paddle the canoe trails of Coyote Creek, ripe with wildlife watching
- Fly a kite at one of the wide-open parks
- Relax over a glass of wine at Valhalla Winery or LaVelle Vineyards
- Soak up suns rays at Orchard Point with a backdrop of wafting barbecue
- Enjoy a hardy breakfast with a good cup of coffee at Our Daily Bread Restaurant
Give peace a chance
- Join in the conscious living celebration during July's Oregon Country Fair
- Find a quiet corner to meditate in Veneta's many natural spaces
- Go birding in the protected wildlife areas surrounding Fern Ridge
Pitch a tent or pull up your RV into a waterfront site at Fern Ridge Reservoir, or book a brightly colored yurt right in town. Stay in a bed and breakfast or roll up your sleeves at a farm stay gig.
Veneta offers many unique opportunities for connecting with the rural ambiance of the Willamette Valley.