Labor Day Weekend Events Wrap-Up
Find your Labor Day weekend getaway in the Eugene, Cascades & Coast. Here are our top picks for things to do while you’re here.
- Cheer on the Ducks at Autzen Stadium The University of Oregon Ducks open their 2013 season at Autzen Stadium on Saturday, August 31 against Nicholls State. Buy tickets here.
- Go wine tasting Enjoy beautiful venues, specials on wine, live music and wonderful food throughout the South Willamette wine country all weekend long. Dance, sip and savor the flavors at Pfeiffer Vineyards’ Wines, Vines and Sweets. The event raises money for Energizing Junction City. Here’s a complete list of wine events.
- Check out downtown Eugene Stroll over to Broadway and Willamette and check out the twenty new restaurants, cafes, taphouses, galleries and theatres that recently opened in the heart of downtown Eugene. Head two blocks west to Noisette Pastry Kitchen for the best éclairs and chocolate macaroons you’ve ever had.
Help with harvest at the 5th Annual Agrarian Hop Harvest Festival Head out to the farm for the 5th Annual Agrarian Hop Harvest Festival and help take the hops from the vine to the stein. Live music, lawn games and prizes, and special release beers will also be featured.
- Visit the University of Oregon’s museums for free The Museum of Natural and Cultural History and the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art offer free admission on home game weekends throughout the University of Oregon football season.
- Tour Heceta Head Lighthouse Spend the weekend on the Oregon Coast and tour Heceta Head Lighthouse. The lighthouse just reopened after undergoing two years of renovations, making it brighter, and better than ever.
- See a local art exhibit Downtown Eugene’s DIVA Gallery is exhibiting art from the Create! Eugene Plein Air Paint Out Competition. Each piece was painted in just one day at various outdoor locations around Eugene.
- Ride the rapids on a whitewater rafting trip
Two rafting companies are offering amazing Labor Day deals on trips down the McKenzie River. TnT Whitewater Rafting and A. Helfrich Outfitter both have decades of experience leading thrilling rides down one of the most pristine rivers in the northwest. Check out the deals here.
- Run through Eugene’s brewery district The Brews Cruise 5K combines two things many Eugenians love - running and craft beer. The race starts at Hop Valley Brewing Company and ends at Oakshire Brewing.
How are YOU spending Labor Day weekend in the Eugene, Cascades & Coast region?