Top Picks for Valentine's Day
Here is a guide to our favorite places to spend the most romantic holiday of the year!
- The Excelsior Inn — This romantic inn close to the University campus is known for its fine farm-to-table dining and charming atmosphere. While the restaurant remains closed, surprise your sweetheart with dinner served in one of the Inn's private rooms. You can either reserve a room for dinner or for dinner and an overnight! A special menu will be served for Valentine's Day weekend, but if all the rooms sell out, don't fret, they are offering this romantic dinner service all month.
- Heceta Head Lighthouse — A February night on the Oregon Coast is always romantic with crashing waves, stormy skies or delightful winter sunshine. Now add in the romance of staying beneath a historic lighthouse! The former assistant innkeeper's house operates as bed and breakfast complete with an in-house ghost (friendly "Rue") and delightful amenities. Now, in response to pandemic guidelines, meals are served in-room or presented with separate reservations (rather than communal meals).
- Westfir Lodge — With the possibility of snow forever teasing, head up to the Cascades to be closer to the snowy possibilities. The Westfir Lodge is a cozy historic home offering an array of adventures all led with safety in mind by the lodge's friendly properieters. If snowshoeing sounds romantic, here is the chance!
- Belknap Hot Springs Resort — With lodge rooms, private cabins and RV sites, there are plenty of overnight options. Pack along the fixings for a romantic dinner or make dining arrangements with a local restaurant. Then enjoy wandering the garden paths and soaking in the hot spring-fed swimming pool. Bliss out for a couple of relaxing days.
- The Gordon Hotel — Be one of the first guests to stay in this newly built property in downtown Eugene. Adjacent the 5th Street Public Market, this just-opened property has access to excellent dining, wine tasting, spa services and shopping. If the all the new rooms are full, check into the Inn at the 5th, always a top-rated experience.
- Campbell House Inn — Treat your sweetheart to a luxurious stay at this bed & breakfast at the foot of Skinner Butte in Eugene's historic district. Stroll the gardens, sit by the fire in your room or soak in an elegant tub!
- Valley River Inn — Overlooking the river, close to the shopping mall and miles away from daily life, the Valley River Inn is the perfect destination for a romantic escape right in town. Ride bikes along the riverfront path and enjoy excellent meals from Sweetwaters restaurant in your room or out on the patio.
- The Village Green — Cottage Grove makes a delightful destination with boutique shopping and great restaurants. But with the romance packages offered at the Village Green, you'll just want to stay put enjoying the winter gardens and fine dining served outdoors or to go for in-room privacy.
Remember, it is okay to spread out the celebration — if Valentine's Day weekend is booked, present your loved one with a gift certificate or reservations for another weekend when fewer people will be celebrating. Plus there more wonderful local hotels offering special Valentine's Day getaways.
And finally, there is no place like home! Check out the many restaurants offering up full Valentine's Day meals that you can enjoy at home.