The Shedd Institute welcomes jazz clarinetist extraordinaire back to Jaqua Concert Hall, along with New Orleans piano stylist David Torkanowsky. With under-stated virtuosity, immaculate taste, and enthusiasm, Christopher has created his own brand of "contemporary, early jazz" that strives to extend the legacies of early Creole clarinetists. New Orleans premier piano stylist, David Torkanowsky, is in constant demand for his life-long dedication to the indigenous music traditions of New Orleans.
In accordance with orders from the Governor of the State of Oregon The Shedd is operating under the following guidelines:
- Total capacity for the Jaqua Concert Hall is limited to 100 people, including staff and musicians (audience capacity will vary between 80-90 depending on the show)
- Parties are limited to groups of 10
- Seating is reconfigured to ensure at least 6 feet between all parties. The Main Floor is configured with socially distanced tables of 4, and available balcony seating is limited to ensure spacing
- A mask or face shield is required when in the building, and may only be removed when eating or drinking
- We have dedicated staff that will be disinfecting all common touch points and restrooms on an ongoing basis during the event