Thank you for your interest. This position has been filled.
Please check for other career opportunities with Travel Lane County.
Part-Time Adventure Specialist (as needed)
Purposes of Position
This position is part of a pool posting. The purpose of the position is to inspire travelers to extend their stay in the Eugene, Cascades & Coast region. Provide resources for visitors to experience more than one part of our region through exceptional customer service, good information, and passion for the diverse recreational activities throughout the Eugene, Cascades & Coast area (Lane County). Be a positive team contributor and leader through example.
- Assist visitors with trip planning, booking accommodations and recreational activities
- Office duties
- Retail sales and duties
- Light cleaning and restocking of Adventure Center
- Work shifts at the Springfield Adventure Center, and sometimes work a table at festivals and events to promote Travel Lane County and its members
- Other duties as assigned
- Passion for and knowledge of the Eugene, Cascades & Coast's (Lane County's) recreation, culinary, and cultural offerings
- Exceptional customer service
- Ability to work easily & professionally with a variety of people
- Loyalty to Travel Lane County; positive representation
- Clear written and oral communication
- Ability to handle fast paced customer service environment and multiple tasks at one time
- Use of a multi-line phone
- Computer and technology competency (Microsoft Word, Excel, internet, database)
- Ability to lift 35 lbs. from the floor and carry
- Ability to stand for duration of an 8 hr shift
- Ability and willingness to use standard cleaning supplies
- Willingness to work after hours events when necessary
- Ability to work weekends on a regular basis
- Ability to secure an OLCC servers permit
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record
- Proofreading and editing
- Retail or sales experience
- Hospitality or customer service experience
- Tourism industry experience
- Office systems and data management
- Data entry knowledge
- This is an as needed part-time hourly, non-exempt position. The visitor center is open 7 days a week.
- Benefits: Sick Leave earned on hours worked, eligible for employer contribution to SEP/IRA after 2 years of employment.
- This position reports to the Visitor Services Manager