State Reports & Resources
The following links provide key tourism projects, programs, promotions and research taking place at the state level. Travel Oregon was created by the legislature to provide marketing of the state both nationally and internationally. They regularly provide updates and opportunities to be involved in their planning and programming. Additionally, Travel Oregon regularly commissions research projects that provide interesting and educational findings about the visitor industry in Oregon.
- Travel Oregon Strategic Plan
- Oregon Travel Barometer
- Oregon Tourism: Creating Meaningful Jobs
- The Economic Significance of Cycling on Oregon Scenic Bikeways (2014 Dean Runyan Study)
- Outdoor Recreation
- Dean Runyan Associates – for Oregon visitor statistics.
- U. S. Travel Association – for general information about the travel industry in the United States: what’s new, what’s happening nationally, what’s happening politically, etc.
- Smart Meetings – for what’s happening in the meetings industry.
- Sustainable Business Oregon – for interest in sustainable business and growth in Oregon.
- Destinations International **
- Meetings Focus – for what’s happening in the meetings industry. **
** Webinars available. There is usually no charge to participate. New webinars are uploaded regularly.