Shelton McMurphey Johnson House
Address:303 Willamette St
Eugene OR 97401
Also known as 'the Castle on the Hill', the Shelton McMurphey Johnson House is the area's only Victorian House Museum. Built in 1888, the house has become an architectural landmark in the community. Set on the south slope of Skinner Butte, with incredible panoramic views of Eugene. Afternoon teas are often held throughout the year. Museum open to the public. Also available for private events, group tours and weddings.
- Bike Friendly Business Program:
- Hours of Operation: Open to the public year-round, Tuesday - Friday, 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.; Saturday - Sunday, 1 - 4 p.m
- Wheelchair Accessible:
- Description Rentals Include Access to our kitchen, including a warming oven, microwave, refrigerator with freezer, sinks, and counter space; Use of our antique banquet-size dining room table, as well as three large round tables, two large rectangular tables, and six card tables; Upstairs rooms, furnished with period furniture, for bridal party dressing; First floor is accessible for individuals with mobility impairments via a ramp in the back of the building, and includes a wheelchair-accessible bathroom; the second floor is accessible via stairs.
- Floorplan File Floorplan File
- Largest Room 25
- Total Sq. Ft. 1500
- Reception Capacity 60
- Space Notes The house can accommodate 50 to 65 people for indoor events, and roughly 120 people for indoor-outdoor events during the warmer months of the year. For sit-down meals, the house can accommodate up to 40 people.
- Largest Room Capacity 25
- Wi-Fi true
- Banquet Capacity 40
- Number of Rooms 4