Marketing Manager – Conventions & Sports
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To ensure a successful marketing and social media program promoting the Eugene, Cascades & Coast region as a convention and sports destination.
- Degree in journalism, marketing, communications, or new media and/or 3+ years of successful marketing experience; fluent in social media/new media
- Forward thinking and innovative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on writing web content, blogs, and e-newsletters
- Telephone and public speaking skills
- Able to respond to job demands outside of the normal 8-5 work day
- Good organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to represent the Eugene, Cascades & Coast region and Travel Lane County member products to clients
- Strong computer skills (Office 365, Adobe Creative Suite, digital photo and video editing) and comfort on the Internet
- Working knowledge of meetings industry required; supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 40 pounds
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record
- Manage content strategy and distribution across all platforms (websites, e-newsletters, Social Media, third party channels, print and digital advertising placement, video, digital guides, blogs, etc.).
- Review analytics and recommend strategies; work with outside agencies as appropriate.
- Write and distribute Eugene, Cascades & Coast meetings/sports planner e-newsletters on a regular basis
- Provide research, editorial, editing and image support to Travel Lane County staff, partners and members
- Provide content for industry publications, websites, blogs, presentations, and marketing tools as needed.
- Strategize pre-trade show marketing through all channels.
- Manage company LinkedIn page and content. Assist in training sales managers to use LinkedIn as prospecting/sales tool.
- Photo and video editing support as needed.
- Content strategy and oversight for the Sports Commission’s two signature events: SportsTown Awards and Oregon Sports Summit
- Manage social media marketing campaigns
- Stay up-to-date on new media trends and how they apply to convention and sports marketing
- Maintain regular contact with targeted media
- Monitor targeted media editorial calendars and manage editorial content calendar
- Respond to media requests for story ideas and fact checking
- Coordinate press/research tours for visiting media
- Write and distribute regular updates for media contacts
- Assist meetings and sports events planners with local media outreach and press events, as needed
- Monthly reporting of designated performance benchmarks
- Supervision and training of Marketing Coordinator
This salaried exempt position reports to the Vice President of Convention & Sports Marketing. Benefits include medical and dental insurance as well as paid holidays, vacation and sick leave.
To apply please click here.