Transportation Information from Portland
TRANSPORTATION TO AND FROM PORTLAND
(110 miles north of Eugene)
Here are several options for ground transportation if you decide to fly into Portland.
Car rental: Many major car rental companies are located at the Portland Airport.
Amtrak: To get to the Amtrak Station in downtown Portland from the airport you can take the Tri Met MAX Light Rail rapid transit.
- Board the Red Line MAX going to the Rose Quarter
- Get off at the Rose Quarter stop
- Get on the Green Line which will take you to within one block of the Amtrak Station at Union Station
The Eugene Amtrak Station is conveniently located in downtown Eugene and just minutes from most hotels in Eugene. Depending on the time of day you are traveling Amtrak offers three travel options.
- Amtrak Cascades: Average travel time 2.5 hours.
- Amtrak Thruway Bus: Average travel time 2.5 hours. No checked baggage.
- Amtrak Coast Starlight: Average travel time 2.5 hours.
Shuttles: The Hut Shuttle is a very convenient and affordable service from the Portland Airport to Eugene. Rates range from one of $57 - $112 for a round trip. Pick up and drop off in Eugene is the Phoenix Inn near the UO campus.