Florence is Oregon's Coastal Playground with its rolling sand dunes, miles of beaches, charming boutiques and antique shops, and delicious seafood. Just an hour west of Eugene - Springfield, this is the go-to getaway destination for locals seeking rest, relaxation and recreation. Stay in a riverfront hotel, a lakeside cabin, or at a forested campground. From horseback riding on the beach to charging the dunes on a dune buggy, there are plenty of things to do in and around Florence.
TOP Oregon Coast ATTRACTIONS
SIGNATURE Florence EXPERIENCES
- Shop and dine in Historic Old Town Florence and drink in the coastal charm.
- Roar across forty miles of coastal sand in a dune buggy.
- Enjoy headliner entertainment at the Florence Events Center and Three Rivers Casino Resort.
- Stay in a historic lighthouse keepers' house B&B and maybe catch sight of the friendly resident ghost.
- Warm up with a bowl of clam chowder from Mo's.
- Take a tour of the still operating Heceta Head Lighthouse.
- Explore tide pools and learn about the creatures that live there.
- Descend 200 ft (61 m) by elevator into North America's largest sea cave brimming with bellowing sea lions.
- Spot migrating whales just off the Oregon shoreline.
- Visit Exploding Whale Park and learn about the comical history behind the park's name.
- Paddle and swim at Cleawox Lake in the dunes.
- Windsurf on the South Jetty Beach.
- Go crabbing on the docks of the Siuslaw.