To increase overnight stays in Lane County by marketing the Eugene, Cascades & Coast region as a premier destination for sports events.
- To actively seek out new sports events for Lane County, qualify their potential, and submit bids to host.
- To maintain a master sports calendar for Lane County and actively distribute information on Lane County sports events to media and sports partners.
- To maintain a database of sports venues, fields and spaces.
- To secure funding source(s) for bid fees and sponsorship opportunities.
- Work with existing sports events to create auxiliary activities which would extend overnight stays.
- To maintain a database of commonly used items for events to borrow, such as fencing, cell phones, tents, tables, safety vests, generic signage, PA equipment, etc.
- To maintain a database of local volunteers and officials, categorized by sport and skill set.
- Eugene, Cascades & Coast Sports functions as a marketing entity under the auspices of Travel Lane County. The commission will include a dedicated staff, Sports Advisory Council, and overall commission consisting of corporate representatives, government officials, media, venue owners/managers, and event providers throughout the county.
- Eugene, Cascades & Coast Sports receives its primary funding through countywide room tax collections, as part of Travel Lane County. Additional funding sources include sponsorships, grants, donors, fundraising events, etc.
- To represent to sports event planners the high priority our region places on sports events
- To create a cohesive sports community within the county among venue owners and managers, schools, event providers, and the hospitality community in order to solicit new events to our area
- To reach new organizations and businesses within the county as partners in soliciting new sports events to the region
E-News Sign Up