Oregon's Stay Home Order is necessary to reduce the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. The required business closures are resulting in significant loss of business for our hospitality partners. Cancellations of meetings, conferences and sporting events will create deeper impacts in the short term. We are working with groups, especially those with events that are months away, to stay the course and convention and sports sales staff continue to issue leads for events in future years.
Travel Lane County has closed the Eugene and Springfield visitor centers. Staff are working remotely and we are available from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday - Friday to receive calls or emails.
As conventions, meetings and other events are curtailed, Travel Lane County is working to support local businesses who are operating according to the approved guidelines and beginning to develop strategic marketing plans that position the Eugene, Cascades & Coast region for leisure travelers, convention planners and sports events planners.
Many excellent resource pages are available to assist businesses in navigating regulatory issues like predictive scheduling, disaster loan programs and the federal relief legislation. Contact Andy Vobora if there are gaps in information or other ways Travel Lane County can support our partners.
Employer & Employee Resources
- US Travel - Federal Care Act Information
- State Employment Department Resources
- State of Oregon's Work Share Oregon Page
- Oregon Restaurant and Lodging Association
- Lane County Economic Development
- Lane Community College Small Business Development Center
- Layoff Aversion Funds - Lane Workforce Partnership
- National Restaurant Association Education Fund - Restaurant worker $500 grants. Applications open April 2.
- Travel Oregon Industry Toolkit
- Destinations International Resource Hub
- RAIN Oregon Workshops
- Travel Lane County Staff Contacts
General COVID-19 Resources
- Lane County Coronavirus information
- Oregon Health Authority Coronavirus information
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Coronavirus information