Walk beneath leafy bowers, through ebony lava fields and colorful wildflower meadows, and cross log bridges above singing brooks…
Soak in hot mineral pools with a forest backdrop and the accompaniment of birdsong…
Get maps, brochures, information and any necessary permits at the Adventure Center in Springfield…
Plan your trip to Eugene, Cascades & Coast
Sahalie & Koosah Falls
Two of 7 Waterfall Wonders in the Eugene, Cascades & Coast Region
Sahalie and Koosah Falls are located along the McKenzie River in the Cascade Mountains.
- Sahalie Falls is a mass of foaming white water plunging 100 feet (30 m) over a natural lava dam. This famous falls can be spotted in Disney's movie Homeward Bound.
- The viewing platform is less then 100 feet (30 m) from the parking lot. Making for a quick and very rewarding stop.
- An easy family-friendly 2.6 mile (4.1843 km) loop trail starts at Sahalie Falls and connects to Koosah Falls. It is not wheelchair accessible due to stairs. The trail borders the McKenzie River through towering forest.
- Koosah Falls drops approximately 70 feet (21 m) into a deep pool.
"This is my favorite waterfall in Oregon. The air there is amazing, I can't explain it but once you've stood in the viewing area you'll know what I mean." - Samara Phelps, Adventure Center Director
"Of all the places to get out of the car and take a break, Sahalie is the best! With a short walk, restrooms and parking it's an ideal family rest stop. The first time we discovered it, none of us wanted to get back in the car. We were rooted to the spot, enraptured by the powerful falls."- Taj Morgan, Web Content Manager
Know Before You Go
- Both sites have parking areas, but expect Sahalie Falls to be more crowded
- Accessible restrooms with vault toilet at Sahalie Falls only
- Sahalie Falls observation deck is wheelchair accessible
- Willamette National Forest - McKenzie River Ranger Station
- No fee or permits needed
Fun Nearby Activities
Directions: Northeast of McKenzie Bridge off Hwy 126. For Koosah Falls Day Use Area turn at Ice Cap Campground / Koosah Falls sign. For access to Sahalie Falls Day Use Area go north another .5 mile (.804667 km) and turn into the parking lot signed for Sahalie.