Florence is Oregon's Coastal Playground with its rolling sand dunes, miles of beaches, charming Historic Old Town and delicious seafood. Just an hour west of Eugene - Springfield, this is the go-to getaway destination for locals seeking rest, relaxation and recreation. Stay in a riverfront hotel, a lakeside cabin or at a forested campground. From horseback riding on the beach to charging the dunes on a dune buggy, there are plenty of things to do in and around Florence.
Extend your adventures with a stay in a relaxing campground, clean and convenient hotel or luxury B&B.
- Shop and dine in Historic Old Town Florence - rich with coastal charm.
- Roar across forty miles of coastal sand in a dune buggy.
- Enjoy live entertainment at the Florence Events Center and Three Rivers Casino Resort.
- Stay in the historic lighthouse keepers' house B&B and maybe catch sight of the friendly resident ghost.
- Warm up with a bowl of clam chowder from Mo's.
- Explore tide pools and learn about the creatures that live there.
- Descend 200 ft (61 m) by elevator into North America's largest sea cave brimming with bellowing sea lions.
- Spot migrating whales just off the Oregon shoreline.
- Visit Exploding Whale Park and learn about the history behind the park's name.
- Paddle and swim at Cleawox Lake in the dunes.
- Windsurf on the South Jetty Beach.
- Go crabbing on the docks of the Siuslaw.
Florence Family Vacation Itinerary
Plan some quality time at a family friendly hotel in a beautiful, beachy location. Florence, Oregon is a… Read More
Oregon Sand Dunes Getaway
Grab the weekend and head for Oregon's stunning coastline just outside of Florence, Oregon. Here is… Read More
Beachside Treasures & Antique Hunting
Florence, Oregonis an excellent destination for coastal antiques and vintage thrifting. The treasure… Read More