To increase overnight stays in Lane County by marketing the Eugene, Cascades & Coast region as a premier destination for sports events.
- To actively seek out new sports events for Lane County, qualify their potential and submit bids to host.
- To maintain a master sports calendar for Lane County and actively distribute information on Lane County sports events to media and sports partners.
- To maintain a database of sports venues, fields and spaces.
- To secure funding source(s) for bid fees and sponsorship opportunities.
- To work with existing sports events to create auxiliary activities which would extend overnight stays.
- To provide education and networking opportunities to event organizers.
- Eugene, Cascades & Coast Sports Commission functions as a marketing entity under the auspices of Travel Lane County. The commission includes a dedicated staff, Sports Advisory Council and overall commission consisting of corporate representatives, government officials, media, venue owners/managers and event providers throughout the county.
- Eugene, Cascades & Coast Sports Commission receives its primary funding through countywide room tax collections, as part of Travel Lane County. Additional funding sources include sponsorships, grants, donors, fundraising events, etc.
- To represent to sports event planners the high priority our region places on sports events.
- To create a cohesive sports community within the county among venue owners and managers, schools, event providers and the hospitality community in order to solicit new events to our area.
- To reach new organizations and businesses within the county as partners in soliciting new sports events to the region.