Dunes City, Oregon Coast
Dunes City is the perfect mix of sand and water. Siltcoos Lake and Woahink Lake lay surrounded by miles of Oregon's rolling sand dunes on the Oregon Coast. Dunes City is six miles south of Florence.
The Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area stretches for 40 miles (64 km). It is the largest coastal sand dune in North America. Jessie M. Honeyman State Park is nearby, a popular place to camp right on the edge of the dunes.
Siltcoos Lake is Oregon's largest coastal lake, covering 3,200 acres (1,295 ha). Fish for trophy-size bass, perch, salmon and trout. Several state fishing records have been set here! Launch a boat, kayak or canoe into the lake's tranquil waters and paddle the Siltcoos River Canoe Trail all the way to the Pacific Ocean. Around the lake and its tributaries are a network of nature trails. Birders and mushroom hunters enjoy its cool evergreen forests.
- Set up basecamp at the foot of the sand dunes near freshwater lakes.
- Meander back to the simpler days in the Historic Westlake District.
- Stargaze from the tranquil dunes, blanketed in unbroken darkness.
- Watch wildlife and birds in the silty marshes.
- Glide along canoe trails, tread wooded paths or meander wide-open beaches.
- Plunge down 500-foot sandbanks on an ATV or dune buggy!
- Go wild pulling up trophy-size fish from verdant coastal lakes.
For additional local assistance contact Dunes City visitor information.