Travel Lane County is a private, non-profit 501(c)6 corporation, founded in 1980. Our organization markets Lane County as "Eugene, Cascades & Coast." Travel Lane County is funded by member and partner support and transient lodging tax generated at lodging facilities and campgrounds.
Our mission is to grow overnight visitors for a vibrant, year-round countywide economy. As partners with business, civic, government and community groups, including our 500+ members, we provide visitors with extensive services and resources to ensure a quality visitor experience within Lane County.
Travel Lane County staff and its members are committed to providing locals and visitors the Oregon experience. We recognize our industry thrives when visitors return and when they share their positive experiences with family and friends who become inspired to visit the Eugene, Cascades & Coast region. We encourage all member organizations to print the Member Commitment to Quality and proudly display it for employees and visitors.
Our members benefit from unique and collective advertising and marketing opportunities with targeted exposure to area visitors.
Travel Lane County is comprised of a dedicated management team, with longevity in the industry; a 30-member board of regional business leaders volunteering their time and insight; a friendly and professional front-line staff at our visitor center and mobile outreach; and an enthusiastic group of volunteers and interns assisting throughout the organization.
Our team of destination marketing professionals reflect decades of industry experience, forward thinking, versatile skill sets and relationship building. Contact our visitor information…
Travel Lane County Highlights
- Publishers of the region's number one Official Visitor Guide and popular Visitor Map.
- Hosts a comprehensive regional website, www.EugeneCascadesCoast.org, and competitively utilizes multi-media and social networking.
- Manages the Eugene, Cascades & Coast Visitor Center.
- Targets convention and meeting planners (national and international markets) for event business.
- Supports and coordinates the Eugene, Cascades & Coast Sports Commission to attract and promote sporting events in the region.
- Provides unique advertising and networking opportunities to members at affordable costs.
- Invests in market research, compiles industry information and shares trends and opportunities with members and partners.
- Participates in many local business and community boards and associations, from sports to RVs to the arts.
Our team is enthusiastic, dedicated, professional and lots of fun! We are looking for friendly, skilled job applicants…
The Eugene, Cascades & Coast brand strategy was developed to showcase the destination's best tourism…
Grow overnight visitors for a vibrant, year-round countywide economy.
Our work inspires people to experience and appreciate Lane County, creating opportunities, a sense of place and stronger communities.
Travel Lane County is a recognized leader in achieving year-round economic growth throughout the Eugene, Cascades & Coast region through innovative destination marketing, product development and exceptional visitor experiences.
The Eugene, Cascades & Coast region has Oregon's greatest variety of adventures in easy to reach, uncrowded places.
Kari Westlund President & CEO
Kari is a tourism industry leader, adept in strategic destination marketing and organizational management. She has led Travel Lane County since 1996, navigating significant changes in travel trends, technology and community growth. Kari contributes to many local and state committees and currently serves on the board of the U.S. Travel Association. As the leading authority on the Eugene, Cascades & Coast visitor industry, she is the official spokesperson for Travel Lane County.
Andy Vobora Vice President of Stakeholder Relations
Andy oversees all local media communications, press releases and external reports. He is the primary community liaison for regional government, business and community groups.