Recreation Passes & Permits

Pick the best pass for your plans! Find information on required federal, state and county licenses, passes and permits for parks and recreational areas or activities.

Many permits you can purchase online. It is advisable to print or pick up your pass from a local vendor, before heading out as many permits may not be obtainable onsite. If you have questions figuring out what pass you need, please contact our Eugene, Cascades & Coast Visitor Center at 541.484.5307 for assistance. 

What Type of Pass Do I Need?


  • United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Forest Service/Pacific Northwest Region. 
    This website lists recreation sites that require passes, explanations of pass types and fees, and the option to purchase online. Includes the Federal Interagency Passes, Oregon Pacific Coast Passport and the Recreation Passes (day and annual). There may be a pass or day-use fee required for parks in the Siuslaw National Forest, Umpqua National Forest and the Willamette National Forest.
  • Fourth graders may be interested in the Every Kid in a Park program.
  • Seniors may be interested in the Lifetime passes.


  • Oregon State Parks 
    This website lists which Oregon State Parks require passes and where passes may be purchased. Look here for ATV permits.
  • Oregon Department of Fish & Wildlife 
    This website provides information on fishing, shellfish and hunting licenses. Online purchase available.
  • Oregon Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). 
    The Sno-Park permit is specific to designated Sno-Park parking areas during November 1 - April 30. This includes Salt Creek Falls, Gold Lake and Waldo Lake Sno-Parks. The DMV website explains the Sno-Park Permit, where it is applicable, fees and how to purchase. They also offer snowmobile permits. To park at designated seasonal Sno-Parks, a permit must be displayed in the windshield of vehicles. You can order your permit online or purchase at our Visitor Center in downtown Eugene. 


  • Lane County Parks 
    This website provides Lane County information including parking passes, special use permits and marina information.
  • Lane County Parks Permit 
    A list of Lane County Parks requiring permits and the ability to purchase online.


Where To Go