Providing accessibility for all people, regardless of physical challenges, disabilities or age is an ongoing high priority for the local community, and as a result, the City of Eugene has received national recognition for their inclusive measures.
The National Americans with Disabilities Oregon Celebration Committee named the City of Eugene "the most accessible city in the USA" in 1997. In 2003, Eugene was recognized by the National Organization of Disability as a finalist for the Accessible America Award.
Knowing how important this is to you as well, we are committed to making it easy for you to plan fully-inclusive meetings for all your participants.
Lane Transit District's (LTD) public transportation system serves the greater Eugene area. All routes are accessible and all buses are lift-equipped. Also offered is the RideSource program, a curb-to-curb transportation service for people with eligible disabilities.
The City of Eugene owns two wheelchair lift-equipped 15-passenger para-transit vans.
Accessible Recreational Activities
- The City of Eugene Adaptive Recreation Services Department has provided services to persons with disabilities since 1969.
- The Hilyard Community Center exceeds ADA requirements and offers event space free of charge to groups focusing on inclusion.
- The Spencer Butte Challenge Course, one of few ropes courses with accessible elements, is available for use by people with disabilities and facilitators with disabilities.
- Salt Creek Falls, located on Highway 58 near Oakridge, offers a wheelchair-accessible viewing platform of the 286-foot waterfall, the second highest waterfall in Oregon.
- Look here for additional accessible recreation suggestions.
Let Us Help with Accessibility
Linda Norris Director of Convention Services
Linda provides in-market support for convention meeting planners. She assists with venue and activity arrangements, delegate itineraries and tour options, and dining and transportation recommendations. Linda coordinates welcome table services, delegate information packets, "Show your badge" discount programs, meeting micro-sites and pre-conference collateral. Additionally, Linda offers resources for reunions, weddings and other group events.