Plan your trip to Eugene, Cascades & Coast.
You've probably heard it's wet here! And yes, we do get seasonal rain which along with snow melt feeds a tremendous number of lakes, rivers and creeks as the water rushes to the Pacific Ocean. The result is some pretty spectacular water sports.
Where to Paddle, Fish and Swim
- Shoot the rapids or cast out a line on the world-famous McKenzie River
- Float gently down the Willamette River right through Eugene-Springfield
- Sail across Fern Ridge Reservoir
- Pull up a crab net from the docks in Florence
- Water ski at Dorena Reservoir in Cottage Grove
- Row across Dexter Reservoir during a championship regatta
- Paddle the Siltcoos River water trail through coastal wetlands and sand dunes
- Tube the wave pool in Springfield
- Swim in Waldo Lake, one of the clearest lakes in the world
Life Jacket Lending Program
Life jackets are required by law for all occupants in a boat, raft or kayak. Children under the age of 12 are required to be wearing them. Thanks to the McKenzie Fire and Rescue and the McKenzie River Guides Association's seasonal Life Jacket Lending Program, you can borrow a life jacket from eleven locations along the McKenzie River. So there is no excuse for unsafe boating!