Miles of pristine sand beaches hug rocky cliffs criss-crossed with hiking trails…
Plan your trip to Eugene, Cascades & Coast.
The historic riverfront town of Florence is just an hour west of Eugene - Springfield, and robust with things to do!
- Sail from the Siuslaw River out into the Pacific Ocean.
- Walk to the historic Heceta Head Lighthouse from the sandy beach below.
- Descend 200 ft (61 m) by elevator into North America's largest sea cave brimming with bellowing sea lions.
- Spot migrating whales cavorting just off the Oregon shoreline.
- Follow your GPS on a coastal GeoTour of Florence highlights.
- Sleep with Rue, the friendly ghost at the lighthouse keepers' house B&B.
- Soak in the spa while the kids splash in an aquatic playground at a popular beachfront hotel.
- Tuck in for the night in a historic inn, luxury condo or centrally located RV park.
- Escape to the serenity of a coastal lake cabin to unplug.
Amble the boardwalk and watch incoming fishing boats. Slurp chowder, shop the boutiques and indulge in fine local dining at riverfront restaurants.
Skip across the Siuslaw River Bridge to Dunes City for even more fun.