Plan your trip to Eugene, Cascades & Coast.
This is the season that reveals a dramatic, ever-changing world along Oregon's coast.
Like magic, mists shroud craggy bluffs one day and crisp sunshine illuminates gleaming sand beaches the next.
Outdoor beach romps invigorate both the body and the soul. Taste the briny salt air, feel the tingling sea spray, see the swirling skyscapes and hear the high pitched seagull cries above the pounding surf.
- Hike to the historic Heceta Head Lighthouse from the sandy beach below and explore the adjoining network of coastal forest trails.
- Descend 200 feet by elevator into North America's largest sea cave brimming with bellowing sea lions.
- Run like the wind on wide open beaches, or stalk dramatic storms from craggy bluffs.
- Roar across forty miles of coastal sand dunes in a dune buggy. Crest dunes 500 feet high!
- Spot migrating whales cavorting just off the Oregon shoreline at volunteer-hosted vantage points. Learn all about these massive mammals.
- Follow your GPS on a coastal geocaching GeoTour to uncover geocaches showcasing the best of Florence.
- Sleep with Rue, the friendly ghost who keeps the lighthouse keepers' house tidy. Now an elegant B&B, this remarkable oceanfront cottage is a one-of-kind romantic getaway.
- Fun for the whole family, at Driftwood Shores Resort & Conference Center every room has an ocean view. Opt for full kitchens, fireplaces or suites. Soak in the heated indoor pool and spa as the kids splash in an aquatic playground. Enjoy scrumptious dining with ocean facing picture windows at the impeccable Surfside Restaurant & Classic Cocktail Lounge.
- Tuck in for the night in Historic Old Town Florence. This delightful riverfront port town offers charming inns, luxury condos and even a centrally located RV park. Amble the boardwalk and watch incoming fishing boats. Slurp chowder, shop the boutiques and indulge in fine local dining at riverfront restaurants. Enjoy a plethora of entertainment on stage at the Florence Events Center and Three Rivers Casino.
- Escape to the serenity of a pristine coastal lake and unplug. Watch the winter mist rise off the water, float, fish and cuddle up in a rustic lakefront cabin.