Top 10 July 4th Events in the Eugene, Cascades & Coast Region
Red berries, white wine and blue skies, summer and the July 4th spirit are definitely alive and well in the Eugene, Cascades & Coast region. There’s no better place to spend America’s birthday than right here in #RealOregon. Here are our top ten picks for things to do for the Independence Day holiday.
- Fireworks at Eugene Emerald’s Game (July 3, PK Park, Eugene) Celebrate Independence Day "eve" with Sluggo and his crew. Fantastic fireworks follow the Eugene Emeralds v. the Everett AquaSox showdown. What is more American than a baseball game and a hot dog?
- Rattlesnake BBQ Fourth of July (July 4, Lowell) The Dexter Lake Club - yes, the bar in the movie "Animal House" - is now home to tasty barbecue served up in this family-owned roadside cafe. Come listen to live music and enjoy fireworks over the reservoir.
- Creswell Parade (July 4, Creswell) The tiny towns always seem to put on the best parades. This is definitely the case with the Creswell July 4th Celebration. It’s one of the biggest parades in the state, full of heart, spirit and fun. And starting with a pancake breakfast, the fun stretches out the whole day with festivities all around town.
- Annual Aquafina Butte to Butte (July 4, Eugene) A Eugene tradition - running! The Oregon Track Club hosts a spectacular run between our two largest peaks. Be part of an event beloved by TrackTown USA. The 10K road race starts at the base of Spencer Butte in South Eugene, winds through the streets of downtown Eugene and ends at the base of Skinner Butte. 10K too far? Sign up for the 5K run or 4.5 mile walk.
- Freedom Festival Fireworks & Art and the Vineyard (July 4, July 6 - 8, Alton Baker Park, Eugene) Celebrate the Fourth with live music and an amazing fireworks show in the park. During Art and the Vineyard, sip local wines as you meander through galleries and exhibits nestled along the Willamette River. Art and the Vineyard showcases work from hundreds of artists from all over the Northwest. Paintings, sculptures, lawn art and jewelry of the utmost quality make this a must-do event for art aficionados.
- Float the McKenzie River (all week, McKenzie River) Cool off in the beautiful clear waters of the McKenzie River. From white water rafting to easy floats, enjoy the natural beauty of the Cascades. Paddle kayaks or take a jet boat tour too! On July 6, enjoy fireworks as part of the Tokatee Golf Club Anniversary Celebration.
- 4th of July "Light of Liberty" Celebration (July 4, Island Park, Springfield) Springfield is all about family entertainment with pony rides, magic shows, critters, crafts, food and fun in the park. Enjoy live music and, of course, a fabulous fireworks show to the heart of Springfield. Come early, as this is popular event.
- Eugene Pro Rodeo (July 3 - 4, July 6 - 7) Oregon Horse Center, Eugene) Fireworks, cowboys and motorcycles. Breathtaking feats and endless energy. Fireworks every night. Yeehaw!
- Independence Day in Old Town Florence (July 4, Oregon Coast) Watch fireworks over the Siuslaw River, launched from a barge. Enjoy the festivities of a historic waterfront town with kites, taffy and clam chowder.
- Cottage Grove Speedway (July 4, Cottage Grove) Watch the dirt fly as drivers from across the region go all out. At the end of this romping good time enjoy a booming fireworks show. You ready to roar?
For more events visit our calendar.