Top 10 Ways to Spend July 4th in Eugene, Cascades & Coast
Red berries, white wine and blue skies, summer and the July 4th spirit are definitely alive and well in the Eugene, Cascades & Coast region. There’s no better place to spend America’s birthday than right here in #RealOregon. Here are our top ten picks for things to do for the Independence Day holiday.
- Fireworks at Eugene Emerald’s Game (July 4, PK Park, Eugene) Celebrate Independence Day with Sluggo and his crew. Fantastic fireworks follow the Eugene Emeralds v. the Boise Hawks showdown. What is more American than a baseball game and a hot dog?
- Oakridge 4th of July (July 4, Oakridge) This mountain biking town lights up with patriotism for Independence Day. After a great day of trail rides, come to town for craft beer at Brewers Union Local 180 and a nighttime fireworks show.
- Creswell Parade (July 4, Creswell) The tiny towns always seem to put on the best parades. This is definitely the case with the Creswell July 4th Celebration. It’s one of the biggest parades in the state, full of heart, spirit and fun. And starting with a pancake breakfast, the fun stretches out the whole day with festivities all around town.
- Annual Aquafina Butte to Butte (July 4, Eugene) A Eugene tradition - running! The Oregon Track Club hosts a spectacular run between our two largest peaks. Be part of an event beloved by TrackTown USA. The 10K road race starts at the base of Spencer Butte in South Eugene, winds through the streets of downtown Eugene and ends at the base of Skinner Butte. 10K too far? Sign up for the 5K run or 4.5 mile walk.
- Art and the Vineyard & Freedom Festival Fireworks (July 2-4, Alton Baker Park, Eugene) Sip local wines as you meander through galleries and exhibits nestled along the Willamette River. Art and the Vineyard showcases work from hundreds of artists from all over the Northwest. Paintings, sculptures, lawn art and jewelry of the utmost quality make this a must-do event for art aficionados. On the Fourth, stay for an amazing fireworks display over the river.
- Float the McKenzie River (all week, McKenzie River) Cool off in the beautiful clear waters of the McKenzie River. From white water rafting to easy floats, enjoy the natural beauty of the Cascades. Paddle kayaks or take a jet boat tour too!
- 4th of July "Light of Liberty" Celebration (July 4, Island Park, Springfield) Springfield is all about family entertainment with pony rides, magic shows, critters, crafts, food and fun in the park. Enjoy live music and, of course, a fabulous fireworks show to the heart of Springfield. Come early, as this is popular event.
- Eugene Pro Rodeo (July 1-4, Oregon Horse Center, Eugene) Fireworks, cowboys and motorcycles. Breathtaking feats and endless energy. Fireworks every night. Yeehaw!
- Independence Day in Old Town Florence (July 4, Oregon Coast) Watch fireworks over the Siuslaw River, launched from a barge. Enjoy the festivities of a historic waterfront town with kites, taffy and clam chowder.
- Cottage Grove Speedway (July 4, Cottage Grove) Watch the dirt fly as drivers from across the region go all out. At the end of this romping good time enjoy a booming fireworks show. You ready to roar?
For more events visit our calendar.