Travel Lane County FAQs
Are you part of the Chamber of Commerce?
- While we are not affiliated with a chamber of commerce, we work closely with multiple chamber of commerce groups from our region and the state. We function as a convention and visitors bureau under Travel Lane County DBA "Eugene, Cascades & Coast." Many of our partners find that joining both their local chamber of commerce and Travel Lane County provides them with diverse marketing and networking opportunities.
Is the Eugene, Cascades & Coast Sports Commission part of Travel Lane County?
- Yes, our staff is integral to the sports commission which serves to support and invigorate local sports, as well as bring sports events to our region.
How is Travel Lane County funded?
- Eugene, Cascades & Coast / Travel Lane County is a private, non-profit, 501 (c) 6 corporation, governed by a thirty-member board of directors. Funding comes from hotel room tax, partner dues and advertising.
Publications & Website
How can I advertise in your publications or be included on your website?
- As a partner-based organization, our partners are automatically included in directory publications and listings on our website, depending on category and content. Partners also have many additional advertising opportunities. Partners are encouraged to maximize their partnership by providing us with high quality photos, robust listing copy and current events and deals. Inclusion in copy, blogs, articles, deals, events and web images are subject to Travel Lane County editorial discretion. Non-partners may submit events to the online calendar.
How can I display brochures at your visitor center?
- We stock brochures for our partners at our Downtown Eugene Visitor Center on a first come, first serve space available basis. Partners may stock up to 50 brochures at one time.
How do you distribute your publications?
- Our visitor guides are distributed at the Eugene and Portland Airports, Oregon Welcome Centers, AAA offices, hotels, visitor centers, chamber of commerce offices and local businesses. Additionally we provide them to convention attendees, travel and meeting planners, media and our partners.
May I give your visitor guides and maps out at our event, meeting, convention, business or lodging?
Certainly! You don't need to be a partner to share our print publications or website links with your customers and visitors. However, we may have limits on quantity, and we do reserve the right to decline any distribution that doesn't align with our mission. Please contact our visitor information center for assistance.
How much does partnership cost?
- Basic annual partnership starts at $260 with an initial administrative fee of $15. Upgraded partnerships, add-on marketing packages and categories, and special advertising opportunities are available at additional cost. This is less than $1 per day for a variety of ways that your business will receive exposure to visitors and locals.
How does joining Travel Lane County benefit me?
Partners benefit from the breadth, depth and longevity of our tourism, convention and sports marketing. Travel Lane County is recognized as the region's destination marketing organization.
Collective media purchasing power makes it possible for our partners to advertise in premium mediums at lower price points and through our local, state, and national network of members and associations, we can expand your sphere of influence. As a partner, our resources become your resources!
We use a multiplicity of tools including visitor centers, publications, presentations and networking forums, websites, mobile sites, social media, press campaigns and advertising to generate tourism attention, gather and convert leads, book tours and conventions, provide visitor services and support the communities' interests.
Residents, visitors, travel trade, convention and sports planners and media turn to us for lodging, dining and activity recommendations; industry data and research; and connections. We talk to your potential customers on a daily basis, both at home, nationally and internationally, and we invite you to join in the conversation!
For More Information Contact:
Mary Ann Reilly Director of Partnership Development
Mary Ann works to generate revenue and meaningful partnerships for Travel Lane County and the Eugene, Cascades & Coast Sports Commission through partnership sales, sponsorships and advertising opportunities.
Andy Vobora Vice President of Stakeholder Relations
Oversees local media communications, external reports and Community & Government relations.