Koosah & Sahalie Falls
Koosah and Sahalie Falls are located along the McKenzie River in the Cascade Mountains and are two easy-to-see roadside waterfalls that are popular must-stops on any road trip. Spectacular year-round, though parking may be limited depending on season.
- An easy family-friendly 2.6 mile (4.1843 km) loop trail connects Koosah and Sahalie Falls. The hike borders the McKenzie River through towering forest. The trail is not wheelchair accessible due to stairs.
- Koosah Falls drops approximately 70 feet (21 m) into a deep pool.
- Sahalie Falls is a mass of foaming white water plunging 100 feet (30 m) over a natural lava dam. This famous falls can be spotted in Disney's movie "Homeward Bound".
- The Sahalie Falls viewing platform is less then 100 feet (30 m) from the parking lot and is wheelchair accessible.
Know Before You Go
- Both sites have parking areas, but Koosah Falls has a larger parking area and may be less congested. There is a short hike between Koosah and Sahalie Falls
- Parking alongside the highway is discouraged as it is not safe. If you do park along the highway, pull your car all the way off the road. Do not park along the road in the winter as it is very dangerous
- Accessible restrooms with vault toilet at Sahalie Falls only
- Sahalie Falls observation deck is wheelchair accessible
- Willamette National Forest - McKenzie River Ranger Station
- No fee or permits needed
Directions: Northeast of McKenzie Bridge off Hwy 126. For Koosah Falls Day Use Area turn at Ice Cap Campground / Koosah Falls sign. For access to Sahalie Falls Day Use Area go north another .5 mile (.804667 km) and turn into the parking lot signed for Sahalie.
Koosah Falls plunges 74 feet (22.6 m) over an abrupt lava cap to the waiting pool below. Take Hwy 126, turn left at Ice Cap Campground, then to a small parking area. On the same 2.6 mile…
Sahalie Falls plunges 100 feet (30.5 m) over a lava dam and then tumbles 40 feet (12.2 m) in a series of cascades. The wheelchair accessible paved paths to the observation deck wind between…