Bus & Commuter Service
Bus Service Around the Metro Area
Lane Transit District (LTD) serves the Eugene - Springfield metro area. All public buses are accessible with wheelchair lifts and are bike-friendly. EmX is the bus rapid transit (BRT) system on a direct line which runs approximately every 10 minutes on weekdays and 20-30 minute intervals on weekends and evenings. The EmX route connects many hotels with sports and conference venues. Park & Ride stations offer parking for cars and bikes.
University of Oregon and Lane Community College students ride LTD for free. RideSource provides ADA service for those unable to ride the bus due to a disability.
Buses Across the Eugene, Cascades & Coast Region
- LinkLane offers daily bus service between Eugene and Florence, with stops in Veneta, Mapleton and at Three Rivers Casino.
- The Rhody Express provides transportation around Florence.
- The Diamond Express provides transportation between Eugene and Oakridge.
- South Lane Wheels provides Mobility on Demand and paratransit services to Cottage Grove, Creswell, Dorena, London and Lorane. They also provide the Lane-Douglas Connector between Drain, Yoncalla and Roseburg and the Eugene-Springfield metro area.
- LTD routes 91-98 operate services to outlying communities including to McKenzie Bridge, Lowell, Veneta, Junction City, Coburg and Creswell/Cottage Grove.
Traveling Around Oregon
The Oregon Department of Transportation's (ODOT) POINT service connects commuters by shuttle bus from two Eugene stations (Amtrak and the UO campus) to Albany, Salem, Woodburn, Tualatin and Portland. Departures and arrivals are offered four times daily.
Pacific Crest Bus Lines provides daily bus service between Eugene / Bend and Eugene / Coos Bay. Buses depart and arrive at the Eugene Greyhound Station and Amtrak Station.
The BoltBus departs daily from Eugene at the 5th Street Public Market to Albany, Portland and Seattle. This service is known for being low-cost with some fares as low as $1.
Greyhound also offers travel from its downtown Eugene bus station.
Buses and luxury motor coaches can also be chartered for group excursions.