Running & TrackTown USA
For anyone who has experienced the electrifying atmosphere of Hayward Field at the University of Oregon or jogged along the same running trails where Olympic athletes train, it's no surprise that Eugene is called a runner's paradise, the epicenter of track and field, and TrackTown USA. Discover the heart and home of track and field, from the soft thump of shoes on the chip trails to the roar of the fans at track meets.
The TrackTown USA Legacy
- Host of seven U.S. Olympic Team Trials - Track and Field
- Host to 46 Prefontaine Classics - Diamond League since 2010
- Host to 17 NCAA D1 Outdoor Track & Field Championships
- Host to 10 USATF Outdoor Championships
- Host to 2021 NSAF Outdoor Nationals high school championships
- Host to the 2014 USA Junior Outdoor Track and Field Championships
- Host to the 2014 U.S. debut of the IAAF World Junior Championships
- Upcoming 2022 host for the first ever World Athletics Championships held in the U.S.
- Upcoming 2023 host of the first Wanda Diamond League Final held in the U.S.
- Diamond League Prefontaine Classic
- University of Oregon Collegiate Track Season
- OSAA Track & Field Championships 1A, 2A, 3A, 4A, 5A, 6A
- Eugene Marathon
- Oregon Track Club Masters Hayward Classic
- Bill Dellinger Invitational Cross Country Event
Top Things to See in TrackTown
When track and field fans and athletes visit Eugene these are the places that make the ultimate TrackTown USA experience. 1. & 2. Hayward Field…
From the legend of Steve Prefontaine to Bill Bowerman's innovative creation of the waffle sole to the birth of Nike by UO Alum Phil Knight, Eugene —and its surrounding communities— is steeped in a rich running history and culture. Ranked among the best places for running, watching track and field events and for just being an all-out sports fan, Eugene is consistently noted for its athletic amenities and spirit.
Being a spectator, however, is optional. Join the camaraderie of fellow running enthusiasts by participating in one of a number of community runs. Lace up for the Eugene Marathon, the Butte to Butte or All-Comers' Track and Field Meet.
Cheer on friends or partake in a trail run through scenic forests, a classic road race such as the Aquafina Butte to Butte or the Eugene Marathon, a fun "mud run," an easy walk for charity, or even a youth track day. Around here a 5K naturally augments any type of celebration or gathering!
Shopping for running shoes in TrackTown USA is high on the list of things to do when visiting Eugene, Oregon. After all this is where Nike's first waffle-soled running shoes were…