Unity Covered Bridge
A full length window flanking the east wall of Unity Covered Bridge makes it a scenic stand-out. Sometimes known as "Fall Creek Bridge," enjoy brilliant views of sparkling Fall Creek. This is a popular bridge for photographers and cyclists.
The bridge sits at a cross roads so be careful upon approach. The open east side was designed to help motorists see oncoming traffic.
- Design - Covered Howe truss
- Length - 90 feet (27 m)
- Crosses - Big Fall Creek
- Nearest Town - Lowell, OR
- Current Access - Vehicles up to 30 tons
- Built - 1890 (original)
- Replaced - 1936
- National Register - 1979
- Renovated - 1986
- Refurbished - 2014
Covered bridge builder Nels Roney built the first bridge across Fall Creek for $2,925 in 1890. A second nearby covered bridge was build in 1936 that cost $4,400 - this is today's Unity Covered Bridge. The first bridge then became a pedestrian bridge only and was later removed in 1953.
Unity Covered Bridge was closed for repairs in 1986. The flooring was replaced and piers and guardrails repaired. New exterior paint covered up graffiti. The roof was replaced in 2014.
- Jasper-Lowell Rd, Lowell OR 97452
- Book Now