Eugene, OR – Travel Lane County is thrilled to announce that Megan Temple, Senior Director of Partner and Community Engagement, has been named one of Destinations International’s 2023 30 Under 30 recipients. To learn more about each honoree, click here.
Megan is a native Oregonian who graduated Magna Cum Laude from Northwest Christian University. She holds a Master's degree from Bushnell University. A former teacher, Megan worked in undergraduate admissions at Bushnell University before becoming Travel Lane County's Visitor Center Manager in 2021 and became the Senior Director of Partner and Community Engagement in 2022.
"We couldn't be more excited about the recognition Megan has received from Destinations International," commented Andy Vobora, Travel Lane County's Vice President of Stakeholder Relations. "Travel Lane County staff and our 500+ partner organizations aren't surprised by this recognition. Megan is part of the current Eugene-Springfield Leadership cohort and recently became part of the latest Oregon Tourism Leadership Academy class of 2023.
Destinations International is committed to investing and preparing the leaders of tomorrow and developing future industry leaders that represent a diverse set of backgrounds and perspectives. Each year, 30 individuals under the age of 30, are selected to gain valuable industry networking opportunities and increased thought leadership throughout the year. The honorees originate from a variety of destination organizations of all sizes and countries.
“The 30 Under 30 program remains critical to our organization’s vision and mission,” said Don Welsh, president and CEO of Destinations International. “These talented individuals represent DI’s global footprint, with representation from Asia, Canada, Europe, Latin America and the United States. We can’t wait to recognize and celebrate them this summer at our Annual Convention in July.”
The Destinations International Foundation believes in building up the leaders of tomorrow,” said Vail Ross, senior VP of sales and marketing at STR and chair of the Destinations International Foundation. “We are proud of our 30 Under 30 Program and are grateful for the foundation investors who make programs like these possible for our industry.”
"I am thrilled to recognize this year's emerging leaders. Their achievements and contributions to their respective organizations are truly remarkable.", said Mike Gamble, president & CEO of SearchWide Global and Tourism Diversity Matters. "We remain committed to this program and to supporting the growth and development of future leaders who will undoubtedly shape our industry for the better."
The 2023 30 Under 30 Class Includes:
- Joey Bell, public relations and social media manager, Visit Tampa Bay
- Elizabeth Boylan, sales manager, New York City Tourism + Conventions
- Tom Carton, strategy and operations, Hello Burlington
- Demi Cimiaskaite, senior marketing manager, Visit Eau Claire
- Tim Crouson, CRM administrator, Destination Ann Arbor
- Kathryn Shea Duncan, director of social media, Visit Lake Charles
- Karly Dwenger, senior marketing manager, Travel Butler County, Ohio
- Molly Evans, senior manager, business events, VisitPITTSBURGH
- Ari Hamilton-Gery, corporate communications manager, Visit Baltimore
- Joy IM, assistant manager, Goyang Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Jerry Joseph, convention services manager, Destination DC
- Patti Krausert, director of research and data strategy, Tulsa Regional Tourism
- Catherine McCooey, marketing manager, Tourism Burnaby
- Katie Rhoads, marketing manager, Visit Loudoun
- Enya Rice, assistant marketing manager, VisitScotland
- Coralis Rivera, manager, integrated marketing and social media, Brand USA
- Yuliana Ruiz Velasquez, meetings industry executive, Greater Medellin Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Lauren Saizan, editorial and online content manager, New Orleans & Company
- Becca Schmiegel, marketing manager, Visit Indy
- Zoey Shircel, associate manager, media relations, Visit Mesa
- Megan Temple, senior director of partner and community engagement, Travel Lane County
- Julia Thomson, specialist, destination development, Ottawa Tourism
- Anjelica Uthe, executive director, Visit Watertown (Watertown, SD CVB)
- Mai Der Vang, human resources Specialist, VISIT Milwaukee
- Andrew Vela, project specialist, Visit Dallas
- Lydia Wilder, director of operations and service, Frankenmuth Chamber of Commerce and Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Austin Wingle, graphic design manager, Visit Tri-Cities
- Cody Wiseman, creative marketing manager, Visit Rapid City
- Glorianna Yamin, marketing director, Discover Puerto Rico
- Madison Yohn, Content Coordinator, Springfield Convention & Visitors Bureau
Now in its 13th year, the 30 Under 30 program is supported by founding program partner, SearchWide Global and sponsored by Fired Up! Culture, Northstar Meetings Group and PCMA.
The Destinations International Foundation is also grateful for the support of USAE for the “Anne Daly Heller USAE 30 Under 30 Scholars Fund.” The fund is intended to provide exceptional continuing educational opportunities for participants of each year’s class of Destination International’s 30 Under 30 honorees. To learn more or donate, please click here.
For more information on the 30 Under 30 Program and the 2023 30 Under 30 class, please visit destinationsinternational.org/general-information/30-under-30.
About the Destinations International Foundation:
The Destinations International Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering destination marketers globally by providing education, research, advocacy and leadership development. The Foundation is classified as a charitable organization, under Section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code and all donations to the Foundation are tax-deductible. For more information visit www.destinationsinternational.org.
About Destinations International:
Destinations International is the world’s largest resource for official destination organizations, convention and visitors bureaus (CVBs) and tourism boards. Destinations International is about serving destination marketing professionals first and foremost. Together with more than 6,500 members and partners from over 650 destinations in 23 countries, Destinations International represents a powerful forward-thinking, collaborative association that exchanges bold ideas, connects innovative people and elevates tourism to its highest potential. For more information, visit www.destinationsinternational.org