How to Road Trip to Veneta Without a Car
Take a ramble out to Veneta, just outside Eugene. You can explore here even if you don't have a car by hoping on the bus!
Lane Transit District (LTD) operates Route 93 to Veneta from west Eugene on a daily schedule. On the weekdays this runs morning, afternoon and evening and on the weekends it is in the morning and evening. On this circuit the stops include Perkins Peninsula Park and the Veneta Park & Ride (Broadway between 2nd St and Territorial Hwy).
Lane Council of Governments also operates a special Link Lane Connector service to travel between downtown Eugene and Veneta, on the way to the Oregon Coast on a daily morning and afternoon schedule. The stop here is at the Veneta Park & Ride.
Please note: the Link Lane Connector does not run on holidays.
Nearby things you can do in Veneta:
- Perkins Peninsula Park - Bring the kids to the roped off swim area at Fern Ridge. With the LTD stop right here, this is easy and fun!
- Our Daily Bread - Enjoy a meal or shop for pastries at this destination brunch spot (near the Veneta Park & Ride).
- Birding - Don't forget your binoculars and a bird book. Marshy wildlife preserves are abundant, but require some walking to the trails.
- Cycle through wine country - Board your bike, then ride to LaVelle Vineyards.
Bus Travel Tips
- Check the weather and plan accordingly.
- Make sure you have any needed permits and licenses before you go.
- If you bring a bike, be prepared with "plan b" if bike capacity is full.
- Overnight accommodations around Veneta include campgrounds, B&Bs or vacation rentals — so plan ahead.
Get Inspired By These Willamette Valley Adventures
While the following road trips are car-based, you may be able to appreciate some of these experiences as a sightseer by bicycle or on foot.