Travel Lane County
541.484.5307 · 800.547.5445 ·
Adventure Center/Visitor Information: 3312 Gateway St · Springfield OR (Open daily 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.)
Downtown Eugene Visitor Center: 754 Olive St · Eugene OR (Open Monday-Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
Mailing Address: PO Box 10286 · Eugene OR 97440 s

Recreation Passes & Permits

Know before you go and identify the best pass for your plans. Find information on required federal, state and county licenses, passes and permits for parks and recreational areas or activities.

Many permits you can purchase online. It is advisable to print, or pick up your pass from a local vendor, before heading out as many permits may not be obtainable onsite.  If you have questions figuring out what pass you need, please contact our Downtown Eugene Visitor Center at 541.484.5307 for assistance Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. (Please note: The Adventure Center in Springfield is currently closed.)

Oregonians are eager to go out and enjoy the beautiful outdoor spaces we're lucky enough to call… More Info

What Type of Pass Do I Need?


  • United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Forest Service/Pacific Northwest Region. 
    This website lists recreation sites that require passes, explanations of pass types and fees, and the option to purchase online. Includes the Federal Interagency Passes, Oregon Pacific Coast Passport and the Recreation Passes (day and annual). There may be a pass or day-use fee required for parks in the Siuslaw National Forest, Umpqua National Forest and the Willamette National Forest. Fourth graders may be interested in the Every Kid in a Park program. Seniors may be interested in the Lifetime passes.



  • Lane County Parks 
    This website provides Lane County information including parking passes, special use permits and marina information.
  • Lane County Parks Permit (available at the Adventure Center). 
    A list of Lane County Parks requiring permits and the ability to purchase online.


Spencer Butte
A planning checklist for adventures.… More Info
Celebrate the holiday season like local by chopping down your own Christmas tree! The holidays are… More Info