52 Adventures to Try This Year
Make 2020 your best year with this list of 52 adventures you'll love - one for every week of the year!Salt Creek Sno-Park in winter by Melanie Griffin
1. Snowshoe to an icy winter waterfall.
2. Soak in a mineral-rich hot spring.
3. Taste wild Oregon truffles at the Oregon Truffle Festival.
4. Get a thrill tubing or sledding at the Salt Creek Sno-Park.
5. See a dazzling performance at the Hult Center.
6. Visit barking sea lions in the largest mainland sea cave.
7. Cycle the Cottage Grove Covered Bridges Scenic Bikeway.
8. Meet local artists on the First Friday Artwalk in downtown Eugene.
9. Spend the night at the keepers' house beneath a century-old lighthouse.
10. Explore wine country during Oregon Wine Month.Clear Lake Boating by Melanie Griffin
11. Tour famous filming locations for movies like "Stand By Me" and "Animal House".
12. Sip a cocktail or craft beer in an old church at PublicHouse.
13. Discover art in downtown Eugene that's only visible when it rains.
14. Touch the Pacific Crest Trail at one of the trailheads.
15. See eleven waterfalls on one easy hike at Sweet Creek.
16. Buy some tie-dye at the Saturday Market.
17. Take a wildflower hike on Wild Iris Ridge.
18. Challenge your friends to indoor sports like zombie dodgeball at the Topgolf Swing Suite.
19. Paddle over a petrified forest at Clear Lake.
20. Wander through hazelnut orchards at Dorris Ranch.Upper Trestle Creek Falls, Cottage Grove by Melanie Griffin
21. Experience rich, local flavors on the South Willamette Valley Food Trail.
22. Charge the rapids on the famous McKenzie River.
23. Cruise the top trails in Oakridge, "The Mountain Biking Capital of the Northwest".
24. Root for the home team at PK Park.
25. Walk behind a waterfall.
26. Cheer on runners at the grand Hayward Field.
27. Experience wonder in the woods at the Oregon Country Fair.
28. Check out the only park dedicated to carnivorous plants at the Darlingtonia State Natural Site.
29. Visit the Dee Wright Observatory for great views from a lava rock fort.
30. Roar over 500-foot sandhills on a dune buggy.Florence Horseback Riding by Jacob Pace
31. Learn to fly-fish from a pro and catch your dinner.
32. Try aebleskivers and buy some authentic clogs at the Scandinavian Festival.
33. Dance to your favorite band at the Cuthbert outdoor concert venue.
34. Horseback ride on the beach at sunset.
35. Float the McKenzie River in the iconic drift boat designed for the river.
36. Sleep in a yurt on the coast at Honeyman State Park.
37. See Oregon's second tallest waterfall. Bonus points for capturing the entire waterfall in a single photo.
38. Meet an alpaca.
39. Gain a new hobby sandboarding on the Oregon Coast.
40. Drive the Aufderheide for the best of fall foliage.Running Pre's Trail by Melanie Griffin
41. Run in the footsteps of track legend Steve Prefontaine.
42. Learn American history while hiking Constitution Grove in the Cascades.
43. Visit some of the regions' most haunted places... if you dare.
44. Put your "O" up for the Ducks at Autzen Stadium.
45. Sleep in a tipi at Tipi Village.
46. Do a self-guided tour of twenty-one international murals in Eugene.
47. Become an axe throwing expert.
48. Learn about the traditions of the Kalapuya people at the Museum of Natural & Cultural History.
49. Visit the official Simpsons mural in the "real" Springfield.
50. Wander in a holiday light wonderland and enjoy a traditional German-style Christmas Market at The Village Green.
51. Find your favorite local craft beers on the Eugene Ale Trail.
52. Go whale watching on the Oregon Coast.