Chambers Railroad Covered Bridge
Address:1231 S River Rd at Harrison St
Cottage Grove OR 97427
This is the only remaining covered railroad bridge in Oregon and possibly west of the Mississippi River! The Chambers Bridge was built in 1925 over the Coast Fork of the Willamette River to bring logs to the J.H. Chambers Mill in Cottage Grove. Its sturdy Howe Truss design spans 78 ft (23.7 m). When the railroad closed in 1951 it slowly fell into disrepair. Now city-owned, it was restored in 2011 for pedestrian and bicycle crossing. DIRECTIONS: Located a half mile from Cottage Grove's Main St. Travel south on Hwy 99 and turn west onto Harrison Ave. Near the intersection of south Old River Rd.