Deadwood Covered Bridge

  • Address:
    Deadwood Creek Rd
    Deadwood OR 97430

A Florence, OR covered bridge across Deadwood Creek spanning 105 feet (32 m). In 1932 it was built for the state's secondary road system for the cost of $4,814. Flooring was purposely installed slanted to improve safety for traffic rounding the corner onto the bridge. After a concrete bridge bypass was built in 1970s, Deadwood fell into disrepair. It was rehabilitated it in 1986 and re-opened to traffic. DIRECTIONS: Hwy 126 to Hwy 36 NE, 12 miles (19.31 km) to Deadwood. Turn north on Lower Deadwood Rd. Go approx 5 miles (8 km), turn right on Deadwood Loop Rd.

Hide Map
Show Map