Earnest Covered Bridge
Marcola OR 97454
The Adams Bridge was originally built spanning the Mohawk River in 1903. It was replaced in 1938 for $2,449, at a length of 75 feet (23 m) and renamed "Earnest" after a longtime local resident. The movie Shenandoah was filmed in the Mohawk Valley during the mid-1960s and an altered version of Earnest Bridge reflecting Civil War architecture shows in the film. The bridge was returned to its pre-movie condition in 1965. DIRECTIONS: Go east on Marcola Rd for 14 miles (22.5 km). Located on Paschelke Rd.