Rolling Rock Interpretive Park
Address:Between Jasper-Lowell Rd and Moss St
Lowell OR 97452
Lowell's history is highlighted with interpretive displays that include a pedestrian covered bridge and a caboose originally built in 1929. The Southern Pacific Class C-30-3 wood caboose was donated by Weyerhaeuser in 2008. The caboose had backed logging trains until the late 80s. Funded by grants from the Oregon Parks and Recreation Department and the Oregon Arts Council, Rolling Rock Park has a slew of historical artifacts and railroad themed tributes. It is also the site of the annual Blackberry Jam Festival - named both for the region's prickly brambles and live music.