The World Athletics Championships Oregon22 is 66 days away and ticket sales have been brisk. Spectators from more than 34 countries (so far) have purchased tickets, which means that tens of thousands of visitors will bring an overwhelming level of enthusiasm for the 2,000+ athletes competing to be a world champion.
All of us play a part in making this the "Best of all Worlds" and to help each of us prepare Travel Lane County has this list of ideas and resources:
- Dine After Nine - This page will highlight restaurants that are open after 9 p.m.. Visitors will be looking for places to eat and drink after the evening sessions and we want all restaurants and bars to be listed on our Dine After Nine page. Email your hours for July 15-24 to Info@EugeneCascadesCoast.org.
- Hours of operation - Coordinate your staffing and hours with the event schedule at Hayward Field. Visitors will have time before and after sessions to explore and there will be plenty of options.The Eugene Riverfront Festival, activation sites in the Whiteaker, Market District, Oakway Center, downtown Eugene and downtown Springfield will provide opportunities for businesses to draw visitors.
- WCH Oregon22 pocket guides.- Travel Lane County is producing a WCH Oregon22 pocket guide to complement our Eugene, Cascades & Coast Visitor Guide and map. These resources are available for area businesses. Contact our Visitor Center at 541.484.5307 to request a supply.
- Be a translator - #GlobalSealExperience has been designed to provide visitors with free access to a platform to connect with a volunteer bilingual Global Guide to help them navigate around the region and feel welcome. Global Seal Experience is looking for bilingual volunteers to take a FREE nationally recognized Avant STAMP language test (valued at $79.90) that may qualify for a free international language certification. The test can be taken in-person at a host site or in the comfort of your home. Click here to learn how.
- Events - Add activities to our event calendar. This community calendar is a go to resource throughout the year, but Travel Lane County wants it to be extra full for our guests this summer. Submitting an event is quick and easy, so start by hitting the Submit an Event tab.
- Champion World Host - Lane County has over 4,700 square miles to explore and the Champion World Hosts program will provide you a crash course on the people and places you can direct visitors, family and friends to go and experience. Visit ChampionWorldHosts.com and be sure to sign-up for the 7-part email series to get started.
- Rent a room - Help house our guests closer to the action. Many visitors are booking rooms outside the area, but more can be accommodated here in the metro area if residents list rooms on a short term rental platform. Airbnb, vrbo and others make listing a room easy. We also can connect you with an Airbnb ambassador to walk you through the sign up process. If your property is within the City of Eugene you are required to complete a free registration process and that information may be found here.
- Drivers Needed - The number of Uber or Lyft drivers is down by more than 1,500 drivers from pre-pandemic highs. Our visitors will need options and driving for an organization like Uber or Lyft will allow you to earn extra cash, meet interesting people and make our ground transportation work better. Here's some additional information from Lyft:
Interested in driving with Lyft during the World Athletics conference? Sign up using this link to see if you are eligible for a special promotion! Note for drivers about how the promotion and earnings guarantee works - If you don’t earn the amount guaranteed on your own, Lyft will cover the difference!”
To learn more please click here.
- Final Days to Dress Up! - We have community branded materials designed to welcome and inform visitors. Posters and table tents display a QR code to quickly link employees and visitors to the Eugene, Cascades & Coast WCH Oregon22 webpage. Provide an opportunity for employees to proudly welcome visitors with community branded (The Heart & Home of Track & Field) apparel options. Visit our e-commerce site for purchase options. Orders taken through May 12.