Top Things to Do When Visiting UO Campus
If you are visiting the University of Oregon campus to tour the school, visit a student, cheer on sports, attend a lecture or make a presentation, make sure you see as much as possible and enjoy your time!
Campus is a thriving hub of activity from University events to nearby nature trails. Attend a lecture, workshop, performance or rally on campus. Stroll or ride across the grounds, soaking up the scenery. Twice a year the Associated Students of the University of Oregon (ASUO) host a street faire along 13th Avenue.
Guided Campus Tours
University of Oregon Tour - a 30-minute information session and 90-minute walking tour led by a UO admissions counsler. Learn about admission requirements, financial aid, scholarships, campus housing and adjacent Eugene neighborhoods. Offered Monday - Friday at 9, 10, 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. On Saturdays, offered at 10 a.m.
Self-guided Campus Tours
- Campus Art Tour (PDF) - A highlight is the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art
- Discover the oldest pair of shoes at the Natural and Cultural History Museum
- Campus Historic Buildings and Landscapes (PDF)
- Campus Sustainable Initiatives (PDF) - See the green side of campus.
- Campus Tree Tour (PDF) - Explore the University of Oregon campus, a living arboretum with over 500 types of trees.
- Hall of Champions / Hall of Fame (in the Casanova Center)
- Download the Strides for Social Justice app. Two of the running/walking tours featured loop through the UO campus and highlight both past and present day Black student life, Black academics and Black student athletes.
Explore Beyond Campus
- Hike up to Hendricks Park to view hundreds of blooming Rhododendrons in the spring.
- Learn about wine making in the rolling hills of the South Willamette wine country.
- Explore the rivers on a white water rafting trip down the McKenzie River or go fishing on the Willamette River.
- Head to the coast to ride the scenic dunes on a dune buggy or sandboard, kayak the Siltcoos River or enjoy a leisurely day in Historic Old Town Florence.
- Hike to cascading waterfalls, soak in hot springs, or mountain bike in Oregon's Cascade Mountains.
For TrackTown USA, this is hallowed ground.