University of Oregon, Eugene
Visit the University of Oregon
The beautiful University of Oregon (UO) campus is between downtown Eugene and downtown Springfield and is easily accessible from Interstate 5. Visitors can tour the campus grounds — remarkable for its architecture, art works and arboretum; explore the museums; shop at the bookstore and enjoy the collegiate atmosphere.
Campus tours are offered from the Ford Alumni Center, or download a mobile app and tour the UO's sports facilities, historic buildings, innovative learning centers and museums independently. Founded in 1872, the school is now home to over 25 research centers and institutions, offering over 250 academic programs to more than 24,000 students.
The University District offers a convivial community of student housing, bars, eateries and parks. Stroll or cycle through bustling blocks of businesses tangentially related to the University.
If you are visiting the University of Oregon campus to tour the school, visit a student, cheer on…
Hop on one of those big blue bikes that you see all over downtown Eugene and across the UO campus…
When the University of Oregon Ducks have an away game, or when you don't have tickets to Autzen…
The UO main campus is 295 acres (119 ha), designed primarily for pedestrians and cyclists. Lane Transit District's bike-friendly buses and efficient EmX line, connect campus with an extensive network of destinations throughout Eugene - Springfield. UO students ride free! Visitor parking permits are available for purchase at the information kiosk on E 13th Ave and Agate St in front of Oregon Hall or at Matthew Knight Arena.
Students and visitors love using the PeaceHealth Rides bike share app for short rides across campus or to downtown Eugene. Additional bike services are available for students on campus, including a bike repair workspace, cycling classes and longer bike rental options.
Hold Meetings & Events on Campus
Consider an academic or athletic backdrop for conferences, meetings and other special events! Travel Lane County can help identify available meeting space and make appropriate introductions to UO staff.
Juanita Metzler, CMP, CGMP, SEPC Senior Director, Conventions
Juanita secures meeting and conference bookings for the Eugene, Cascades & Coast region. She manages all local and national meeting markets. She specializes in business-to-business relationship building.
Reach these close destinations through ride share and public transportation options. Distances are approximate.
- Less than 2 miles (3.2 km) to downtown Eugene / Market District (attend the Saturday Market, Farmers Market, dance clubs, shows at the WOW Hall or McDonald Theater)
- Less than 3 miles (4.8 km) to North Eugene (Oakway Center, Alton Baker Park, Autzen Stadium, PK Park and Cuthbert Amphitheater)
- Less than 3 miles (4.8 km) to Springfield's Main Street (great dining and shopping)
- Forty miles (64 km) to Oakridge - Westfir (mountain biking and seasonal snow sports)
- Sixty miles (96.6 km) to the McKenzie River Ranger Station (river rafting and hiking)
- Sixty miles (96.6 km) to Florence on the Oregon Coast (beaches, casino and Old Town)