Discover the All-America City (1968, 2004) of Cottage Grove, Oregon, a charming, small town just twenty minutes south of Eugene - Springfield. Find live music, theatre arts and small-town favorite eateries in this city that borders both Oregon Wine Country and the Cascade foothills teeming with rushing rivers and photo-worthy waterfalls. Cottage Grove is also a prime gateway to outdoor adventuring.
- Hike Spirit, Moon and Pinard waterfalls - within 5 miles of each other.
- Drive, cycle or walk through six historic covered bridges in and around town.
- Seek out the sites from movie scenes from Buster Keaton's "The General" to present-day favorites like "Animal House" and "Stand By Me."
- Take a walking tour of Cottage Grove's over 20 outdoor murals immortalizing small-town history.
- Sip wine in the charming red barn at Saginaw Vineyards.
- Explore an old gold mining ghost town.
- Bring home a piece of Cottage Grove with something from Territorial Seed Company.
- In the summer, take a dip at Wildwood Falls.
- Grab a beer at Coast Fork Brewing.
Encircled by agricultural lands, vineyards and wooded hills, Cottage Grove attracts outdoor enthusiasts for weekends of hiking, bicycling, horseback riding and camping. In the summer, its lakes and waterways host swimming, fishing and boating. Stay in the town's hotels, B&Bs or seasonal campgrounds.
Like the surrounding region, Cottage Grove is also an excellent spot for wildlife watching and birding. Drive north along the agriculturally picturesque Highway 99 to explore the neighboring town of Creswell for an afternoon of wine tasting and golf.