West Eugene stretches out from Eugene toward farm land and wine country. If you want to see the features of the early Willamette Valley, the 2,500-acre West Eugene Wetlands give you that look into the past. Paved paths travel through wide-open marshy prairies full of birds and wildflowers. In the evenings, the sounds of frogs and birds make this a serene place to stroll or roll.
Before journeying through the wetlands, grab a hearty breakfast and a coffee at Coffee Plant Roasters or Bagel Sphere. Afterward, grab a treat from Euphoria Chocolate Co. or a pint of mead at Viking Braggot. These eateries are set in the industrial part of town, home to innovative companies, artisan food processors big box stores and warehouse clusters.
West Eugene's residential neighborhoods embrace the valley's rural expanse with the River Road corridor linking to farm stands and u-pick farms. The Eugene Airport, golf courses and natural parks edge the city limits. For a challenging hike, explore Wild Iris Ridge before heading out to nearby wine country.
When is the best time to visit Oregon Wine Country? Each season brings something new: the golden…
Delve deep into knowledgeably curated wine cellars and shop for international, national, regional…
As close as Oregon's delightful wine country is, sometimes wine tasting right in town fits the…
The LTD public bus system connects West Eugene with downtown Eugene and Springfield.
Eugene has Uber and Lyft as well as car, FUV and bike rental options.
Reach these close destinations through ride share and public transportation options. Distances are approximate.
- Less than 2 miles (3.2 km) to the Whiteaker Neighborhood (Ninkasi Brewing Company, the "fermentation district", markets and artisan shops)
- Two miles (3.2 km) to downtown Eugene / Market District (attend the Saturday Market, Farmers Market, shows at the WOW Hall or McDonald Theater)
- Thirteen miles (21 km) to Veneta and Fern Ridge (birding, sailing, farmers markets)
- Fourteen miles (22.5 km) to Junction City (archery, golf and wine country)
- Fifty miles (80.5 km) to Oakridge - Westfir (mountain biking and seasonal snow sports)
- Sixty miles (96.6 km) to the McKenzie River Ranger Station (river rafting and hiking)
- Sixty miles (96.6 km) to Florence on the Oregon Coast (beaches, coastal lakes, dunes and Old Town)