Eugene's Market District is a popular area for date night, family fun or meeting up with friends. Located in the north end of downtown Eugene, this section of town is home to unique shops and excellent dining in a charming environment. The market includes many art activations, live musical entertainment and family-friendly events.
With three luxury lodging options in the immediate vicinity, a salon and spa and proximity to downtown Eugene's performing arts venues and the University of Oregon's sports venues—the Market District is a fabulous central location for Eugene visits.
Shopping & The Arts
Shop the indoor and outdoor, multi-level 5th Street Public Market and Market Alley. Shop stores like Nike, Pendleton and Will Leather Goods. At Provisions Market Hall you can even pick up wine, fresh produce, gourmet cheeses and freshly baked bread—everything you'd need for an impromptu gourmet dinner party—including the pots, pans, linens and place settings!
Shopping in the Market District is a holiday tradition. Not only is the atmosphere merry and lively, but the wide selection of gift items also makes it easy to check everyone off your list.
This is food heaven! Ramble through the marketplace or around the neighborhood blocks to discover outstanding places to eat and drink. Enjoy a coffee in the downstairs cafe, or a meal in the upstairs food court. Sip wine at one of the many wine bars or enjoy a craft beer at one of the local breweries or pubs. Don't forget dessert — have a decadent truffle at Euphoria Chocolate Co, pie and tea at Magpie Coffee or ice cream at Handel's. Part of the fun of this area is all the possibilities. Make reservations for a French-themed chef's dinner or pick up a Yumm bowl to go—from fine dining to casual, it is all right here.
Quickly rent a bike with the PeaceHealth Rides app for easy transit around the Market District, downtown Eugene and the University of Oregon campus. Pedego Electric Bikes rents electric bicycles right in the Market District, making longer rides much more fun!
Reach these close destinations through ride share and public transportation options. Distances are approximate.
- Less than two miles (3.2 km) to North Eugene (Oakway Center, Alton Baker Park, the Cuthbert Amphitheater and Autzen Stadium.
- Less than two miles (3.2 km) to the University of Oregon campus (visit museums, sports events and lectures)
- Five miles (8 km) to Springfield's Main Street (great dining and shopping)
- Forty five miles (72 km) to Oakridge - Westfir (mountain biking and seasonal snow sports)
- Sixty miles (96.6 km) to the McKenzie River Ranger Station (river rafting and hiking)
- Sixty miles (96.6 km) to Florence on the Oregon Coast (beaches, casino and Old Town)