Downtown Eugene has a vibe that draws visitors to the city's center. Kesey Square, named after the famous author, is a community space full of color. The Hult Center is Eugene's performing arts mainstay and the Park Blocks host the colorful Saturday Market and Lane County Farmers Markets. And once you are downtown, you'll discover an array of fantastic boutique shops, art galleries and great restaurants.
Indulge in the comforting smell of freshly baked bread along this bakery loop in the Willamette…
Eugene doesn't slow down in the rain. That's what keeps our hiking trails green and our…
As close as Oregon's delightful wine country is, sometimes wine tasting right in town fits the…
For just a few days, unwrap a little old fashioned holiday cheer and immerse yourself in the twinkly…
Downtown Eugene and the nearby Whiteaker neighborhood's nightlife scene is a buzz of music…
An important night out deserves a dining experience beyond the typical. The restaurants on this…
The Amtrak depot and the LTD public bus system's central transfer station are both in downtown Eugene. There are also city parking garages that offer free parking on Saturdays and Sundays barring special events. Plenty of metered parking spots and pay lots also surround downtown.
Once you are here, getting around is easy with PeaceHealth Rides, a bicycle ride-share program. Eugene also has Uber and Lyft.
One of the best ways to explore Eugene's downtown is by walking tour. You can do a self-guided tour of the international collection of outdoor murals or follow the Strides for Social Justice app tour to learn the history of Black residents and discover places that are special to the ones making history here today.
Downtown Eugene is at the center of Eugene. It is also the center of the region between the Cascades and the Coast. Reach these close destinations through ride share and public transportation options. Distances are approximate.
- Adjacent both the Market District (boutique shopping and riverfront parks) and the Whiteaker Neighborhood (artisan and innovative collectives, galleries and breweries)
- Less than 2 miles (3.2 km) to North Eugene (Oakway Center, Valley River Center, Autzen Stadium, PK Park)
- Less than 2 miles (3.2 km) to the University of Oregon campus (visit museums, sports events and lectures)
- Four miles (6.4 km) to Springfield's Main Street (great dining and shopping)
- Eleven miles (18 km) from the Eugene Airport
- Fifteen miles (24 km) from Junction City Wine Country (vineyards, tasting rooms and family farms)
- Forty five miles (72 km) to Oakridge - Westfir (mountain biking and seasonal snow sports)
- Fifty five miles (89 km) to the McKenzie River Ranger Station (river rafting and hiking)
- Sixty miles (96.6 km) to Florence on the Oregon Coast (beaches, casino and Old Town)