Wendling Covered Bridge
Also known as "Mill Creek Bridge," the Wendling Covered Bridge is one of four bridges built in the 30s by Lane County (the others are Pengra, Goodpasture and nearby Earnest Bridge).
Greater Eugene Area Riders (GEARS) promotes a 51-mile (82 km) loop ride from Alton Baker Park to Wendling Covered Bridge. And like the nearby Earnest Bridge, there is also a geocache in this vicinity.
- Design - Covered Howe truss
- Length - 60 feet (18 m)
- Crosses - Mill Creek
- Nearest Town - Marcola/Springfield
- Current Access Vehicles up to 10 tons, maximum height 11'11"
- Built - 1938
- National Register - 1979
The Wendling Bridge was built by Lane County in 1938 for $2,241. Wendling Bridge was named after George Wendling who was a director of the Booth-Kelly Lumber Company. The Wendling Bridge's interior was once plastered with circus posters just like the nearby Earnest Bridge.
- Wendling Rd, Marcola OR 97464
- Book Now