From haunted houses to trunk-or-treats, we're shining light into the darkest corners of the county to find exciting things to do this October. Explore our Halloween event calendar!
Picking Your Pumpkins
Many local farms offer u-pick pumpkin patches. Enjoy harvesting pumpkins, gourds and seasonal sunflowers. Get your hands and boots dirty and take some fun seasonal photos.
Celebrate Halloween with a special family adventure at one of these great local pumpkin patches. These regional farms are open for pumpkin picking and enjoying harvest season.
Haunted Houses, Hayrides & Hikes
The Heceta Head Lighthouse Bed and Breakfast has tantalizing lore retold by locals and if you are brave enough, it's a charming and genteel Halloween overnight.
But a better bet for getting spooked is the haunted hayride past the 1910 Tomseth House in Dorris Ranch. The nighttime ramble through the filbert orchard is chock-full of zombies, ghosts, mummies and historic figures eager to reach out and touch you.
This Halloween, or anytime you need a thrill, explore these eight haunted places from the Oregon Coast to the mountains. Ghost hunters will love visiting these spooky Eugene…
Or add some milder excitement to a lovely, leafy autumn hike! Nearby Nature features an annual children's haunted hike in Alton Baker Park, spotlighting nighttime critters from moths to bats. Meander a Jack-o'lantern-lined hiking trail at the height of Oregon's fall foliage.
Autumn is a glorious time of year across Oregon, and it can be stunning in and around Eugene…
Autumn is a wonderful season for road trips—scenic views are swathed in golden hues, colorful…
Explore your favorite waterfalls in the fall! Absent summer hikers and summer heat, hike untrodden…
Trick or Treating
On October 31, regional shopping districts, indoor malls, community centers and city programs commonly coordinate safer trick or treating environments for children. A popular destination includes 5th Street Public Market.
Here is a round up of Halloween-themed activities happening across the Eugene, Cascades & Coast region.
More Spooky Ideas
- Scary movies — Stay home and scare yourself. Or if horror is not your thing, check out movies that feature Lane County! Order pizza or pop some popcorn. If you get really inspired make some popcorn balls!
- Taste chowder in Florence — nothing like sipping warm chowder while looking out over a foggy ocean.
- Bake an apple pie — Instead of picking pumpkins, pick local apples, then spend Halloween being domestic.
- Carve your pumpkins — This is good old fashioned fun!
- Chuck some axes — Oregon Axe offers a unique sport for those 12 and up.