Oakridge - Westfir
Oakridge, and its companion town Westfir, is the ultimate basecamp for outdoor adventurers. Above the fog and below the snow line, these communities offer a year-round paradise of outdoor thrills. This mountain town is the perfect getaway for adventurers looking for a rugged adventure in the pristine Cascades and is crowned by the Willamette Pass ski resort. Oakridge is known as the "Mountain Biking Capital of the Northwest" and a popular destination for mushroom foraging, fishing and side-by-side riding.
Oakridge Hotels & Lodging
Oakridge serves as a base camp for mountain bikers, skiers and outdoor enthusiasts year round. Stay right in town, dining at the local brew pub and restaurants.
Campgrounds and RV parks are plentiful in the Oakridge - Westfir area. Embrace the authentic Northwest experience and pitch your tent in close proximity to amazing old growth trees, steaming hot springs or famous mountain biking trails.
Oakridge Food & Drink
Oakridge offers a small market, bakery, a handful of roadside restaurants, and a distillery and craft brewery in uptown. Awaken your taste buds with fresh coffee and a home-style breakfast, savor a fresh seasonal lunch with a picnic on the banks of the Middle Fork Willamette River, or exchange fish stories in the easy-going atmosphere of the local brewery.
- In Oakridge, mountain biking is king. Shred miles of single-track through lush forests, along riverbanks and down mountain ridges with breathtaking views.
- Snowshoe to a frosty waterfall splayed across the rocks like a sparkling diamond.
- Cheers your mug full of English cask ale with friends at the 3 Legged Crane.
- Take a snowmobile for a spin around the Waldo Lake Snowmobile Trail.
- Touch the Pacific Crest Trail at the Willamette Pass Trailhead.
- Canoe across one of the purest lakes in the world.
- Hike to the bottom of Oregon's second tallest waterfall.
- Wade into the Middle Fork of the Willamette River for Steelhead.
- End a day of outdoor adventuring with a dip in natural hot springs to relax the muscles.
- Enjoy a cocktail or a shot from Deep Woods Distillery.