Oakway & Valley River
Just across the river from downtown Eugene is the Oakway neighborhood. Health and wellness are a focus here. You can spend the night at The Even hotel which has workout equipment in your room so you can stay fit in solitude, work up a sweat with friends at Orange Theory Fitness or stretch it out at Glow Yoga. Need new gear? Head to Lululemon or the Eugene Running Company. Afterward, get refreshed with a smoothie or green juice at Nektar or cool down and experience true joy with one of Salt & Straw's interesting ice cream flavors like Honey Lavender or Arbequina Olive Oil.
In the summer, everyone loves dining outside at one of many restaurants' patios and listening to the live music in the plaza or head over to Cuthbert Amphitheater for their summer concert series with your favorite artists. Autzen Stadium and PK park are also right here, adjacent Alton Baker Park.
Follow the Ruth Bascom Bike Path from Alton Baker Park near Oakway down to the Valley River Center — a shopping center with Round 1 mega arcade and a movie theater.
Shopping is a big draw to North Eugene with its two malls — Oakway Center and Valley River Center and its many boutique stores and national chains all along Coburg Road.
Convenient Lodging & Dining
There are many great hotels in the Oakway area that are perfect for visits to the University of Oregon, Autzen Stadium, PK Park or Cuthbert Amphitheater. There are also plenty of date-night restaurants and casual eateries.
When the University of Oregon Ducks have an away game, or when you don't have tickets to Autzen…
Warm spring and summer evenings pair perfectly with baseball. Eugene is home to the Eugene Emeralds…
Eugenians love live music. The many concert venues of Eugene bring in performances from all genres…
Take your trip to Eugene for the Ducks football game to the next level by turning it into a weekend…
Reach these close destinations through ride share and public transportation options. Distances are approximate.
- Less than 2 miles (3.2 km) to downtown Eugene / Market District (more shopping, the Hult Center for the Performing Arts and The John G. Shedd Institute for the Arts)
- Three miles (4.8 km) to the University of Oregon campus (visit museums, sports events and lectures)
- Six miles (9.7 km) to historic Coburg (antique shops and farms)
- Six miles (9.7 km) to Springfield's Main Street (great dining and shopping)
- Forty three miles (69 km) to Oakridge - Westfir (mountain biking and seasonal snow sports)
- Fifty five miles (88.5 km) to the McKenzie River Ranger Station (river rafting and hiking)
- Sixty seven miles (108 km) to Florence on the Oregon Coast (beaches, casino and Old Town)